Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help In Getting Some Info

Options
  • 13-07-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hey folks, I'm gathering information at the minute for an article I'm writing based on cyclones and anticyclones that strongly influence Irish weather. I was going to correlate this with the jet stream, Hadley cells(which is basically a low pressure system) and try to gain some understanding as to why our summer weather pattern hasn't really changed over the past 4-5 years. Just wondering if anyone knows of any articles or papers that have been published, or even books where I could gain more information and understanding.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hi,

I have sent you a PM including tel numbers for 2 climatologists here in Ireland. Both gentleman are very helpful.

Wolfe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Hey folks, I'm gathering information at the minute for an article I'm writing based on cyclones and anticyclones that strongly influence Irish weather. I was going to correlate this with the jet stream, Hadley cells(which is basically a low pressure system) and try to gain some understanding as to why our summer weather pattern hasn't really changed over the past 4-5 years. Just wondering if anyone knows of any articles or papers that have been published, or even books where I could gain more information and understanding.

Thanks

Not sure if this book will be any use but it explains in great detail all possible cyclone and anticyclone scenarios around the british isle (don't be put off by the "british" theme of the book as detail as to how Ireland is affected under various synoptics is also included). It was published in 1958 but very educational and interesting. I spent many the hours reading this book and others similar in the James Hardiman library while studying sociology and political science!! :o:P

Advertisement