Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-DSL options in Dun Laoghaire area

Options
  • 13-07-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm in Glenageary / Glasthule and desperately trying to find a BB provider who isn't Eircom.

We renovated a house that has dead ancient Eircom lines. We apparently need an engineer around even to get regular voice service reactivated.

I'd rather not have to deal with Eircom at all, and am happy to leave the copper line dead. Sierra has been digging up the streets around us since at least January, so I was hopeful that UPC would finally become available -- their triple play package would be perfect. (When I called, about a month ago, a rep said that it would be live in two weeks. But in calls before and after that I'm told they can't tell when it will happen.)

I'm giving up on UPC now. I imagine it could be another 6 months, which is too long. Anyone have experience of wireless providers (i.e. Digiweb) that you could recommend in the area (Glenageary / Glasthule / Sandycove)? Or does anyone nearby have BB from UPC, or have insider info about when it's likely to finally go live locally...?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Anyone recommend any?

Just got the email below from UPC - moving into an Apartment at the Anchorage in Dun Laoghaire saw the UPC box on the wall and thought they'd have broadband as well

I won't be connecting to their TV service anyways...

Regards,

Mike N.

____
    Dear Michael

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately not all products you requested are available at your address. We can provide you with Digital Television but the Fibre Power Broadband service is not currently available. When your area is upgraded to Fibre Power Broadband you will receive written notification from us.

Would you like to proceed with the TV order? If so, please contact us on 1890940070 and we will schedule the installation for the earliest date available.

Kind regards

UPC Online Sales
    ______

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

giddings wrote: »
    I'm in Glenageary / Glasthule and desperately trying to find a BB provider who isn't Eircom.

We renovated a house that has dead ancient Eircom lines. We apparently need an engineer around even to get regular voice service reactivated.

Have you investigated any of these? - these were just quick queries, let me know if any of the following is incorrect!
    Wireless from Digiweb -> EUR 35 download speeds from 5mb to 12mb
    Wireless(breeze) from Irish Broadband -> EUR 55 download/upload speeds 4mb
    Wireless from Magnet EUR 50 per month but you get get free phone calls evening and weekend local and national calls
    Wireless from Ripplecom -> EUR 40 download speeds up TO 3mb

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Wireless from Digiweb -> EUR 35 download speeds from 5mb to 12mb

Great D'Peoples Voice!

Gonna give Digiweb a call in da morn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yekreffac

I got a postcard in the post last week to tell me that it is on its way and should be here in about 12 weeks.
    I have only been waiting nearly 2 years:mad: after having it in Blackrock which is only down the road. only in IRELAND it would take that long.

Advertisement