Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me put together a budget rig please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

wow big difference ebuyer it is lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

xe.com wrote:
    533.00 GBP = 636.596 EUR
    1 GBP = 1.19436 EUR

hope my CC company can give me a better deal!!

Edit: on 6th July i made a transaction and i got £1 = €1.22, so its not that far off the mark at all.

the euro really has lost ground lately though and im quite over budget.

seriously though guys, for €637, could i get a better machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

nah thats a great build mate just press the make me broke but happy button lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

The one thing i will say for pixmania, is the x3 445 is only 89 - odd that the 435 is so expensive!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    hope my CC company can give me a better deal!!

Edit: on 6th July i made a transaction and i got £1 = €1.22, so its not that far off the mark at all.

the euro really has lost ground lately though and im quite over budget.

seriously though guys, for €637, could i get a better machine?

Looks like a nicely balanced build to me , I'd say just do it. :pac:

• Advertisement

ok...... ORDERED!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im actually giddy with excitement. i wont sleep tonight. not a wink. i have work tomorrow. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its a good rig for the money, GTX460 eats 1080p gaming for breakfast. Surprised you're not going with a Corsair VX550 or something - they might not be modular but they're likely cheaper and have a similar 12V rail (41A vs. 40A - yes, 40A, eBuyer are lying their tits off with that 50A bit! :p)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its a good rig for the money, GTX460 eats 1080p gaming for breakfast. Surprised you're not going with a Corsair VX550 or something - they might not be modular but they're likely cheaper and have a similar 12V rail (41A vs. 40A - yes, 40A, eBuyer are lying their tits off with that 50A bit! :p)
    the Corsair VX550 on ebuyer is the same price. i could cancel my order because it isnt dispatched yet, so im sure it wouldnt be hard.

would you go for the Corsair VX550 over the 600W modular for the same money?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

For the same money? No. That Coolermaster may not be a true modern 600W PSU, but its attractive, modular and stable. Even JonnyGuru found little to complain about when reviewing it last year; its one of their Enhance units, not the cheap trashy GX ones :p

Solitaire wrote: »
    For the same money? No. That Coolermaster may not be a true modern 600W PSU, but its attractive, modular and stable. Even JonnyGuru found little to complain about when reviewing it last year; its one of their Enhance units, not the cheap trashy GX ones :p
    thanks.

i didnt put much thought into the PSU, seeing as it was modular and got good reviews.

(yes, i did read atleast 2-3 reviews on everything in the basket!!)

delivery time is set for monday, which is a bit of a bummer, because i ordered my case and screen a few hours earlier and they arrive on friday. would have been nice as a weekend project.

• Advertisement
Advertisement