Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a named driver

Options
  • 13-07-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering do I need someone's permission to add them as a named driver to my car or can I just add them. I would have thought that I would need to ask first but I dont know for sure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

when my OH added me to his policy i had to call into the insurance company with my driving lisence and sign a form they also took copy of my driving lisence.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

talkin wrote: »
    when my OH added me to his policy i had to call into the insurance company with my driving lisence and sign a form they also took copy of my driving lisence.:)

Ahh well, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

with my insurance i'm able to just add them (at least i have been with 3 people so far). it will vary from company to company and not all will require a copy of the driving license etc.

best option is to call your insurance company (or use their online account system) and ask them.

Advertisement