Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork X Southwest 2010

Options
  • 13-07-2010 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Corkxsw is now regarded as Irelands best eclectic one day music event in Ireland. This year features the legendary Bonnie Prince Billy and Martha Wainwright, as well as a host of other local and international acts including dj's Craig Smith (6th borough project) and John Daly. Hosted in The Showgrounds Skibbereen in the heart of Gorgeous West Cork this event has grown steadily since it began in 2007 and now stands there with the best of them when it comes to value for money, intimacy, variety and chilled out atmosphere. There are only 2000 tickets on sale and last year was sold out. This adds to the comfort and enjoyment of those attending. Corkxsw also showcases some of Cork's finest food stalls and have children's activities as well for those bringing their kids. Check out www.corkxsw.com for more info and come along and savour one of the better ones.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 culturevulture

went to this last year. Good laugh. Could have done with a few more toilets though. Overall a good day. Villagers were class. would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Am going this year.
    Whats the deal with parking??
    We don't really plan on staying until the end as its a good drive home, mainly going to see Mick Flannery, John Spillane & Frank & Walters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cork X Southwest 2010

Irishshin wrote: »
    Am going this year.
    Whats the deal with parking??
    We don't really plan on staying until the end as its a good drive home, mainly going to see Mick Flannery, John Spillane & Frank & Walters
    There are loads of parking facilities right at the venue and a quick getaway is not a problem. The venue is on the Cork Road so you will be fine. Tickets for this are selling really quickly if anyone is thinking of coming, so do not be disappointed, book now. Hope to see you all there. www.corkxsw.com or www.tickets.ie for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

What are the line-up times, or will that be advertised on the day?

Whatever about the rest I don't want to miss Bonnie Prince Billy.
    Saw him in The Lobby, I think it was 1999. In the Top 3 gigs I've seen in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cork X Southwest 2010

Gautama wrote: »
    What are the line-up times, or will that be advertised on the day?

Whatever about the rest I don't want to miss Bonnie Prince Billy.
    Saw him in The Lobby, I think it was 1999. In the Top 3 gigs I've seen in Cork.

Hi
    Bonnie Prince Billy is on stage at approx 8 - 9pm. All line up info will be available onsite, fliers signs etc:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 whiteprince

Can you do a favour and post times of top 5 acts in each of the stages please ?

If not what time is Interference on , have a feeling he will clash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Just home from this. Good fun. Good food as well-very important :)

The Handsome Family were my highlight. Enjoyed Bonnie Prince Billy but his set was a touch too quiet for the time of day.

I think I'm jinxed though, I've never woken up on a Sunday morning at a festival and it not be damp and wet :(

Need.More.Toilets!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

Went this year. While it was enjoyable, it would be nice to see some of the main acts play for longer.
    Also, in the main tent, the incessant chatter from the audience throughout the music was really annoying, even when standing up at the front. This really pissed me off, anyone else feel the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Yeah agree with the constant chatter. Go outside if you wanna chat!

Loved Mick Flannery, he really was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Went this year. While it was enjoyable, it would be nice to see some of the main acts play for longer.
    Also, in the main tent, the incessant chatter from the audience throughout the music was really annoying, even when standing up at the front. This really pissed me off, anyone else feel the same?

Yup. Extremely annoying especially for someone like Bonnie Prince Billy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement