Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stage 10 - Wednesday, July 14 2010, Chambéry - Gap, 179 km

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't think he's been poor, he just hasn't been a contender. I don't think this has surprised many people, media hype is just that. Having a fancy air conditioned bus can't make you climb that much faster.

Touche.
    Thankfully I've been oblivious to the media hype that seems to have made a lot of people on here dislike him.
    He climbed a lot better last year (albeit in an easier Tour) so by those standards he has been poor. Maybe he has a fracture, sigh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭murf85

Great ride from roche today well done to him infairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i recorded the stage but it stopped recording about 6km from the end

delighted for Roche

he's now above Wiggins and some other real heavy hitters in the GC

i think young Roche deserves some credit from certain media types now

god i hope he finishes above Wiggins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Delighted for the young fella. He's certainly driven, I'll be interested to read his diary tomorrow if he does one, particularly with the kind of stages we have coming up next 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Heard he has an interview on RTE tonight,anyone know what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭thereturn

Zipp101 wrote: »
    Heard he has an interview on RTE tonight,anyone know what time?
    Good stuff.Probably their sports time programme on the radio.It starts at half six or seven I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

So this is what happened me at work today. I have the Eurosport player and the live tracker going and I'm taking a look here and there as the opportunities present themselves. There's about 10km left the break has about 10 mins, 6 riders and none of them any threat to the yellow jersey. Anyway it gets busy and at about six o'clock I get a chance to check the live tracker, what do I see: a graphic of a podium with a picture of Roche on top, huh, ha, ho, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, hang on wait, Roche was in the pack 10 minutes behind the break, unless the leading pack got taken out by a train, I didn't see this happening. I see Schleck and Contador in the 2 and 3 slots, huh, ha, ho, eeeeeeeeehhhhh, ROCHE IS ON TOP OF THE GC, yippppeeeeeee, big smile, running around shop, work colleague looking at me bizarly. Hang on wait a minute, Roche was in the pack with the others, what's going on, I recheck, he's 3 minutes something ahead of Schleck, was he in the break and I missed it? I knew there was an AG2R rider but not Roche. What's going on, my brain can't take this. I check here, which didn't help as there was a mention of Roche in a break but with 10kms or so to go he couldn't make up 10 minutes. I eventually check another section of letour site and see, he didn't win but he had moved up in the GC. There was always something in my head that was realising he could not of won or taken yellow because of the numbers involved, still felt like a muppet though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

my remotes getting worn out when i watch the live coverage at weekends (switching between the 2)
    mind you someone has to pay for it ! (i guess tg4 payed lot less to broadcast with irish language commentary )

Watch TG4, with Kelly commentary on the computer from eurosport site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

he didnt get interviewed. He was still in doping control

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Good man roche. Typical fighting irish attitude. Great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

my remotes getting worn out when i watch the live coverage at weekends (switching between the 2)
    mind you someone has to pay for it ! (i guess tg4 payed lot less to broadcast with irish language commentary )

Ya,when I'm away from home at weekends and have to watch ITV4,it's ridiculous,breaks every 15 minutes is crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

From Roche's tour diary:
    I'm an average descender in the dry, but in the wet I'm terrible. The tarmac was melted by the sun on some of the corners, and as I tried to cut one of the chicanes as tight as possible, my wheel hit a pothole and jumped across the road. For a split second, I had visions of the peloton laughing as they passed me crawling out of the ditch on the way down, but I made it around the corner.
    :D

Advertisement