Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to get my Xbox fixed in Limerick

• 13-07-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

3 lights of death.

Would you know of any place in Limerick where i can get this fixed please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

I think the guy out in Castletroy opposite The Hurlers can do it. might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

foinse wrote: »
    I think the guy out in Castletroy opposite The Hurlers can do it. might be worth a look.

Thanks man, its out of warranty so i dont fancy sending it to Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

How old is it?

Microsoft extended their warranties for a lot of the older X boxes a year or two ago for models that suffered the lights of death.

My 360 was one of the launch day ones in 2005. It finally went down last year with the the three red lights of death and they fixed it for me free of charge and had a courier pick it up and sent it back to me. Whole thing took about ten days.

Check with Microsoft first before you go anywhere that will charge you.

Kess73 wrote: »
    How old is it?

Microsoft extended their warranties for a lot of the older X boxes a year or two ago for models that suffered the lights of death.

My 360 was one of the launch day ones in 2005. It finally went down last year with the the three red lights of death and they fixed it for me free of charge and had a courier pick it up and sent it back to me. Whole thing took about ten days.

Check with Microsoft first before you go anywhere that will charge you.

I will do, i think i bought it in 2007, warranty ran out in March of thsi year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

there is a mobile fone shop in wickam street that claims they can repair them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

foinse wrote: »

Billy still does the Laptop repairs though.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's actually quite easy to fix yourself, the RROD is just a bad solder issue, x clamp sorts it and it's fairly easy to install

http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fonemenders(Useta be the Nokia store) in Catherine St do console repairs now.
    The Fella who does the work for them is top notch too! I worked with him for a while and he's good at the job!

Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nazman

xclamp works, but only for a while! cheap as chips and easy tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Contact witnessmenow on boards.

He's based in Limerick and is the console-modding moderator on boards, he does repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

3 lights of death.

Would you know of any place in Limerick where i can get this fixed please.

I can do it for you, I have been doing them for a while now, 20 quid.

lemme know by PM

Cheers

Advertisement