Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence never arrived

Options
  • 13-07-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

I paid for 3 licences at the P.O. Two days later 2 arrived. No sign of third one.

I waited a whiile...nothing. After 6 weeks I went to Garda Station....they sent me back to Post Office. Post Office said it had nothing to do with them and it's a matter for the Gardaí.

I called to the firearms officer but he didn't seem overly concerned.....nothing really to do with them. He informed me that under no circumstances would a duplicate be issued. He checked computer & said I was registered as having 3 licences so it must be lost in the post.

When I politely pushed the matter he said he'd check with super and contact me. Nothing since. Have contacted station twice but was told he was busy & he'd ring me back. Nothing since.

Has anybody here been issued with a replacement licence or had a similar experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

J.R. wrote: »
    I paid for 2 licences at the P.O. Two days later 2 arrived. No sign of third one.

I waited a whiile...nothing. After 6 weeks I went to Garda Station....they sent me back to Post Office. Post Office said it had nothing to do with them and it's a matter for the Gardaí.

I called to the firearms officer but he didn't seem overly concerned.....nothing really to do with them. He informed me that under no circumstances would a duplicate be issued. He checked computer & said I was registered as having 3 licences so it must be lost in the post.

When I politely pushed the matter he said he'd check with super and contact me. Nothing since. Have contacted station twice but was told he was busy & he'd ring me back. Nothing since.

Has anybody here been issued with a replacement licence or had a similar experience?

i left a licence into station on Friday, got new licence back following Tuesday.

However I wanted and S on it and there was no "S"

So they were very efficient, but not very efficient :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yes. To cut a very long story short had the same problem with the same people bouncing me around.

Evenually rang the Firearms Policy Unit lads and voiced my concerns over both, not recieving the license in the first place, and the fact that no-one knew where it was and it could fall into the "wrong hands".

Got a call shortly after from the FPU. They got onto An Post and located the license. It was sent out to me a few days later.

If you are getting no joy from anyone ring the lads and explain your situation. They take "lost" lienses fairly seriously.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

I contacted the Firearms Policy Unit in Garda HQ about the licence not arriving. They told me that the local firearms officer can go on to their computer to my licences to check if they were issued. If issued and didn't arrive he said that there was an icon on the screen to 'Reissue Firearms Cert'. This could only be done by local firearms officer. He said as the system was new not all were au fait with its operation & it would take time.

I informed my local firearms officer about this icon for a duplicate cert...he tried it...& he told me that it had accepted it...licence arrived 2 days later!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

good JR .i rang my local station in enniscorthy . im enquiring about my licences , when did you sent them in , About a year ago .the Sargent started to laugh .
    what are you laughing at i asked him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

I got two licences for my .223
    I changed the gun recently and still have one of the originals...joked about it at the dealer that I could still keep first gun...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

jwshooter wrote: »
    good JR .i rang my local station in enniscorthy . im enquiring about my licences , when did you sent them in , About a year ago .the Sargent started to laugh .
    what are you laughing at i asked him .

You serious JW?

Sounds ominous......

Advertisement