Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different ear piercing recommendations

Options
  • 13-07-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

righty, I'm thinking of getting a couple more piercings in my ears, I've already got tunnels which i'll probably go up a size in, I used to have the top cartilage but it fell out in a pool and closed before i noticed, so I'm thinking I'll get that redone too...

so what else can I get, pain isnt really an issue, but i'd like it to be low maintenance, ideas for a fella :P cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Tragus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

earparts002antitragus.jpg

Does that help? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Melion wrote: »
    Tragus?

does anyone with tragus done know if it interferes with in ear headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

does anyone with tragus done know if it interferes with in ear headphones?
    it does for me, so i just use the tiny ones you push right in , and no bother! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I have it done. It does for a month or so while its healing, its fine after that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have tragus and conch done in the same ear and have no problems with earphones whether I have a ring or bar in my tragus. It's not really advisable to wear them when it's healing though as any bacteria or anything from the earphones could irritate the piercing, and also taking them in and out will irritate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you are willing to stick out the long healing times large gauge dermal punches are awesome, either conch or up on the rim. Looks savage. I've almost healed my second conch punch and I love them.

I was only thinking about a conch punch myself there today. :D

Some people seem to deal with em ok, I always react badly or get boxed there repeatedly. Never good.

I don't think I've ever been boxed in the ear so I should be ok :P

I want to think about it for a while though, as it's essentially permanent. Did you heal yours with the jewellery in or out?

• Advertisement

They will close over if you leave em bare :) Healed with jewellery in, i got 19mm long conch pins and was sorted, just on the last leg of healing now

Hmm, think I read on bme that they heal faster bare. Although I wouldn't like them to heal over!

Anyway, I'm dragging this OT, sorry :D

likewise! ok i say conch piercing with small barbell! but i rarely listen to strangers on the internet :)

I say rook. It's kinda unusual and looks good too. It's also fairly discreet if you need it to be.

yeah was thinkin rook myself, could be cool, i dont mind you lot discussing the punch though, i can take all this info on board, cool idea, if you let it heal over is it unnoticeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm in the same boat and I think I'll get the tragus next. Got the forward helix done and while it's healed quite well, it is still a bit tender. You don't realise how often you get boxed in the ear until you have a reason not to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Will wrote: »
    Some people seem to deal with em ok, I always react badly or get boxed there repeatedly. Never good.

Tell me about, it had my conch in good shape and then got a nasty box on that ear, the thing swelled like a balloon and still isn't right (partly because of me).

Also can someone tell me what the healing time for the rook is? I am half thinking about it done but I haven't been able to find the healing times on places I have looked.

Same as all cartilage. Anytime from 6-14 months.

Same as all cartilage. Anytime from 6-14 months.

I think I will give the Cartilage piercings a miss and look at some with quicker healing times.

Cartilage has the highest healing times so anything fleshy would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I have a double snug piercing myself and I'm always complimented on how unusual it is. I don't think I know anyone else with one. Tis my baby! :)

362309268a7263001619l.jpg

Wow, that looks great!

I have a double snug piercing myself and I'm always complimented on how unusual it is. i don't think i know anyone else with one. tis my baby! :)

PIC

That is two nice piercings.

Wow, that looks great!
    unknown13 wrote: »
    That is two nice piercings.

Thank you! :)

and unknown I don't know if you were making a point but I always call my double snug one piercing for some reason! I guess it's just because I got them done at the same time and they are the same place! :)

Now I need to find another unusual ear piercing! :)

I'm thinking anti-tragus or rook maybe!

Thank you! :)

and unknown I don't know if you were making a point but I always call my double snug one piercing for some reason! I guess it's just because I got them done at the same time and they are the same place! :)

Now I need to find another unusual ear piercing! :)

I'm thinking anti-tragus or rook maybe!

TBH, I'm not going to into an argument over nothing. If you call them a single piercing, then that is fine as they are in the same area.

That's a pretty whopper ear, nice one :)

double snug looks the job!

I have a double snug piercing myself and I'm always complimented on how unusual it is. I don't think I know anyone else with one. Tis my baby! :)

362309268a7263001619l.jpg

out of interest how much was the double snug?

out of interest how much was the double snug?

€70 iirc about two years ago from Bodyshock in Temple Bar!

• Advertisement

35247_410384926501_512076501_5122554_3626358_n.jpg

so i went and got the double snug, im liking it, i'll put smaller bars in when it's healed maybe rings

Advertisement