Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrights venue?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Elliee wrote: »
    Just listening to the news on 98fm there a minute ago, yes there was in an incident, from what I heard (half listening from the kitchen) men tried to force there way into the club after being refused entry, then stabbed the bouncer or bouncers, one is in a serious condition in beaumont hospital. Unsure if there was any other injured.

a group of 15-20 men rushed the door staff and were refused entry. In the scuffle 2 door men were stabbed, one in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bouncer07

From what i have heard, the 2 lads are doin well. 1 was released sunday mornin. And the other should be out in the next couple of days. Its mad these days. Scumbags like that stabbin lads who are only out to earn a few quid. Doorstaff shouldn have to put up with that kind of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

hitman79 wrote: »
    Did it really cost 32 million??

Yeah but that was based on getting tenants in to rent other areas of the building such as TGI Fridays which pulled out and the projected profits were for a full night every night the club was open...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

focus_mad wrote: »
    Yeah but that was based on getting tenants in to rent other areas of the building such as TGI Fridays which pulled out and the projected profits were for a full night every night the club was open...

Another potential bank take-over then? They subsidised mini bus transport around Dublin to the venue and had celebrity guest DJs to attract customers but that costs and they need to maintain that level of marketing to keep it two thirds full. The place is so big it looks pretty empty very easily on poor nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Another potential bank take-over then? They subsidised mini bus transport around Dublin to the venue and had celebrity guest DJs to attract customers but that costs and they need to maintain that level of marketing to keep it two thirds full. The place is so big it looks pretty empty very easily on poor nights.

Is it not getting full houses still? Used to go once a month but havent been in 2 months and unlikely to go back. Over rated and over priced beer along with a load of posers? And starting to get a dodgy crowd too if recent events are to be believed.Feck that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭S23

A right couple of hardmen stabbing bouncers in the back. Now I've run into some right dickheads on doors in various places over the years but I've never been moved to try and end someones life over it. All you need to do is nick and artery and the show can be over very quickly.

I wasn't going back as it was but I certainly wouldn't consider it now.

Also, the figures people are talking about are mind boggling. You really would have to jam the place every night of the week to try and recoup that kind of cash. Now it seems a popular place but I would seriously doubt its long term sustainibility with those costs to be paid back. Madness

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts containing speculation/rumours will be deleted, and may result in infractions

Thanks

Beasty

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

karlosrush wrote: »
    Also some reports regarding the cost of the venue are wide of the mark....like the two links above.
    @karlosrush

The last two posts suggest you have some "inside" knowledge of this establishment - do you have any connection with it, and if not, how can you be so sure of the accuracy of your own statements?

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Originally Posted by hitman79
    Did it really cost 32 million??

That statement is false...Tgis did not pull out and are due to open early september along with a pizza place.Also the projected profits were not based on the club being full every night it was due to open..

In relation to Beasty's post about speculation/rumours, I KNOW 50Cent was paid a good deal of money to guest in Wrights...

Also TGI Fridays were pulling out as of a few months ago, if they have just delayed thee opening I was unaware.

In regards costs, I am in the Construction Industry and to build and fit out this venue as well as it has been would cost that as well as contingencies to the Fingal County Council in relation to lack of parking with the substanial amount of peopl epresent...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lorri_L wrote: »
    Simple question, is it any good? I've been told by one person that its amazing and one that its terrible but no one else has been.

Any opinions here?
    Just a reminder of what this thread is all about. :)

HB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Passed by there today, new sign up saying TGI's is opening in November.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The figure was €38 Million , Both Michael Wright and Ger Beshof have mentioned this figure to me . Also here : http://www.barkeeper.ie/News_Item.asp?News_ID=1857

Anyway , Ive been many times and had a great time , if your looking for a good night out get up there and try it out . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Ohh I have been, speaking as a non-smoker the smokers area bar is the place to get a seat if you can. The bar there can be hard to get a drink at times but good spot to see friends.

Beasty, well spotted!I have a connection but I wouldnt like to elaborate.Lets just say I know more than most.. To get back on topic I think its a great club but maybe I am slightly biased!?
    You clearly are biased.

Do not come on here promoting an establishment you are connected with. Do not make comments without declaring your interest.

Also do not state what you claim to be facts without also stating your source.

I have deleted your earlier posts in this thread, and any more that fall foul of this will be deleted, and are likely to result in a ban

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

However good the place is inside, it goes back to location,location,LOCATION. Its in the middle of a retail park FFS!

Heard some crazy stuff of late in relation to the prices of drink inside and sounds like the clientele would better off spending their money and hanging outside a premiership team's football ground :rolleyes:

Really can't see how this place will stand up given the level of investment.

Advertisement