Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Membership cards are now swipe cards.

Options
  • 13-07-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Just to remind those like me that used to just buy tickets for home matches, it's been announced on the website that access to WHL is now by your swipe card linked to the ticket you purchased. From what i understand from some friends idk, all tickets must be linked with a current member and the ticket alone wont get you in. You will need the card:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

yep,there was a thread about this a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll await these new developments with interest. We have to see how the club intends operating the new turnstiles, whether they will have individual staff on each gate checking the details that show up for each swiped card...that might cause problems for blokes using women's members cards (and vice versa) or adults using a junior membership to purchase a ticket (even if it is full adult price)

In fairness, all members were supposed to have a members card with them when gaining entry in the past, which was why I used to give a lend of my uncle's card whenever someone had used his membership to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I'll await these new developments with interest. We have to see how the club intends operating the new turnstiles, whether they will have individual staff on each gate checking the details that show up for each swiped card...that might cause problems for blokes using women's members cards (and vice versa) or adults using a junior membership to purchase a ticket (even if it is full adult price)

In fairness, all members were supposed to have a members card with them when gaining entry in the past, which was why I used to give a lend of my uncle's card whenever someone had used his membership to buy tickets.

more important than ever now if the ticket info is preloaded onto the members card who's number was used when the tickets was purchased. it will eliminate using one members number to book a ticket and using a different card to gain entry. could be fun at the turnstiles for the first few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

yiddo59 wrote: »
    more important than ever now if the ticket info is preloaded onto the members card who's number was used when the tickets was purchased. it will eliminate using one members number to book a ticket and using a different card to gain entry. could be fun at the turnstiles for the first few games.

I have a feeling that this is leading towards automatic turnstiles. i.e. you just scan your card and in you go. Staff do not check everyone going in but are there to ensure no one jumps over etc. I have a contact in the club will see if I can suss out where they are going with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Mullo76 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this is leading towards automatic turnstiles. i.e. you just scan your card and in you go. Staff do not check everyone going in but are there to ensure no one jumps over etc. I have a contact in the club will see if I can suss out where they are going with it.

good stuff. would be interesting to know what they have to say. obviously when the new ground is open it will have automatic turnstiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mark, are we up the creek if i go to the turnstile with my mate who is using my missus card/ticket ? Is it likely he will be refused or am I taking it up the wrong way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

That is exactly how it's supposed to work. There will probably be no checking of Physical ticket if the swipe card lets you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

All season tickets will be swipe cards as will all members tickets. The card being programmed with the detail of the purchase. I was at WHL the week before last and the tickets purchased for both home pre-season friendlies are barcoded. Therefore the old system has completely gone.

The only time other than for the friendlies (away support being the exception) that tickets will be issued at WHL will presumably be when there is a general sale to non-members.

A probable issue will be members trying to locate their seats, the stewards will no doubt be able to scan the membership cards to assist but I guess the solution will to print emails showing location of seats. I understand this is what our friends at the other end of 7 Sisters Road do.

Interesting times and worth getting into the ground a tad earlier for the Man City match perhaps?

I tend to buy tickets for my son and daughter (both members) on his card. I will gauge the situation for the first couple of games before decing if it is worth continuing doing this. It has always been good to have the flexibility previously.

My simplistic view is that THFC have the money so why should they be too fussed. However, when have THFC operated simplisticly?

It seems for the moment that rather than retrofit all of our turnstiles with barcode readers the club intend manning each turnstile and using handheld scanners to check each members card on the way into the ground.

It also seems the system will be rather simple, in that it will only check the card is valid for the specific game, and there won't be a check of member's details by the operator.

However:

Obviously those of you using other people's members cards will need to bear in mind the problems that could be caused, such as using a junior members card to buy a ticket for an adult. Obviously the card used for the ticket purchase will be marked as a junior members card. This might lead to problems.

Another problem you might encounter is using a bloke's card for a woman, and vice versa (as they will have names printed on the card). I don't know how strict the turnstile ops will be, they might not be bothered at all, but it's worth bearing in mind, especially if you dish out a few € for a trip then get refused entry (and have the members card cancelled :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Has anybody got their card yet? It would want to get here soon as I am going over next Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Got mine yesterday.

Nice little package including a booklet review of 2009/2010 season and DVD of Highlights of Memorable Matches over the last Decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday.

Nice little package including a booklet review of 2009/2010 season and DVD of Highlights of Memorable Matches over the last Decade.

Not in Ireland then???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zokko

In Ireland (RoI)... 3 days to go and counting.
    Still no sign of (bronze) membership cards (purchased on 1st Jun).
    Friends/family living in NI got theirs earlier this week.

No sign of paper tickets for Man City game either (some confusion over whether only season tickets were by swipe card).

Tried to contact Spurs
    a) by email on Monday - auto-response...
    "We aim to respond to every email within 5 working days. Please be advised that this period may be extended during busier times"
    Lot of bloody use that is then!!
    b) by phone several times - just get machine saying their busy and to try again. Then just hangs up (no queue)!!

Brother-in-law managed to get through by phone....
    If we don't receive the cards by Friday, we are to give them a ring and
    they will issue us with paper tickets to be collected from a location
    different to the ticket office so there should not be 36201 people in
    the queue. Our tkts will be ready for collection at 9am on Sat.

That's if we can manage to get through on the phone on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I know this isn't much use now but I think when buying tickets you can request them to be sent to your house £1 charge I did this for Wigan game so you get paper tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hey Guys has everyone recieved there membership packs? I'm still waiting to recieve mine?

Hey Guys has everyone recieved there membership packs? I'm still waiting to recieve mine?

Hi mate,

I know I'm to get your card for the Villa game, if you want to get in touch with the ticket office before Saturday I could pick it up before the Wolves game?

Drop me a PM and I'll sort details with you, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Got mine last week.

Advertisement