Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bb not working

• 13-07-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to sort out my neighbours internet for her. Basically the modem is connected to the computer with an ethernet cable. On the modem the power light is green, the dsl, the wireless but no ethernet light, so I tried using my wireless dongle I use on my internet with no joy.

Eircom said the internet connection coming in is grand, so only thing I can think of is that the modem is screwed up.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Trying to sort out my neighbours internet for her. Basically the modem is connected to the computer with an ethernet cable. On the modem the power light is green, the dsl, the wireless but no ethernet light, so I tried using my wireless dongle I use on my internet with no joy.

Eircom said the internet connection coming in is grand, so only thing I can think of is that the modem is screwed up.

Any ideas?

Can you get to the config page on 192.168.1.254?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I presume you've tried resetting the modem and eircom confirmed the modem is working?
    If you have it could the the tcp/ip settings are messed up, try this and restart the computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I had that problem earlier on today, just reset (not turning off then on!) the modem using a paper clip at the back of the box and hopefully it should work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Spear wrote: »
    Can you get to the config page on 192.168.1.254?

Nope.
    I presume you've tried resetting the modem and eircom confirmed the modem is working?
    If you have it could the the tcp/ip settings are messed up, try this and restart the computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Actually wasn't me who rang Eircom, but they confirmed the internet should be grand.
    NUTZZ wrote: »
    I had that problem earlier on today, just reset (not turning off then on!) the modem using a paper clip at the back of the box and hopefully it should work!

Ye that usually works, but not today. I'll get my mam to text her and see if it works now, third time lucky maybe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nope.

Run ipconfig /all in a command prompt on the PC then. There should be a gateway address there, and a local IP address. What are they set to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

Also having the same issue.
    Have a red on the modem. This was intermittent last week, and turning of and on the modem power rectified it for awhile. It got worse of the weekend. and last night went and has not come back.

Same with this customer.
    http://eircomconnect.eircom.net/Forum/default.aspx

sooty11 wrote: »
    Also having the same issue.
    Have a red on the modem. This was intermittent last week, and turning of and on the modem power rectified it for awhile. It got worse of the weekend. and last night went and has not come back.

Same with this customer.
    http://eircomconnect.eircom.net/Forum/default.aspx

Show us your line stats then. And try and keep track if the connectivity gets bad when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

Can you tell me where I get the line stats?

I have borrowed an o2 bb stick so will come on here later.
    Actually in work at the moment. So wont be able to do anything untill 8pm.

sooty11 wrote: »
    Can you tell me where I get the line stats?

I have borrowed an o2 bb stick so will come on here later.
    Actually in work at the moment. So wont be able to do anything untill 8pm.

Depends on the modem, but most will have a line status or statistics page. Look for SNR or attenuation.

Advertisement