Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Men's Sexual Problems Research

Options
  • 13-07-2010 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

My name is Lorraine. I am a PhD student in the School of Psychology at NUI, Galway. My current research aims to improve understanding of gay men’s sexual problems.

Previous research in this area has mostly focused on heterosexual men so this study really is important. The findings of this project should help to inform the development of improved health promotion strategies and clinical management for sexual problems and dysfunctions in gay men.

To participate, you don't need to have personally experienced any problems (although personal experience is also welcome). I'd just like to find out what people know about sexual problems and dysfunctions.

Participation involves engaging in casual discussions (as either part of a focus group or a one to one discussion with myself, the researcher).

Participants will be entered into a prize draw for an "One4All" gift voucher worth €100.

If you wish to take part please contact me through personal message.

(P.S. I received moderator permission to post this message)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Will such a discussion take place online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Lormcd

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Will such a discussion take place online?

I'm afraid not. The focus groups will be done in person (and lunch will be provided!).

But the individual discussions can be done over the phone if that suits people better.

Thanks.

Advertisement