Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing near Sheriff Street this Evening

Options
  • 13-07-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0713/dublin.html

Man killed in Dublin shooting
    Tuesday, 13 July 2010 18:10

A man has been shot dead in an attack in Dublin this evening.

He was shot just before 5pm near Sheriff Street in Dublin's north inner city

The victim was in his early 30s.

The man was brought to the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital.

The area has been sealed off for a forensic examination and the State Pathologist has been informed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Another gangland shooting ....they feud and kill each other

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-killed-in-suspected-gangland-shooting-465351.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Strange considering the amount of armed Guards usually in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Which part of Sheriff st though? Its a very long street and when i passed about 2 hours after the incident, nothing was amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

It happened on Lower Sheriff St just down from Noctors behind the church. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I pass along Seville place heading towards the new bridge. Now, I did not notice anything from the view of Seville Place assuming it took place behind the church, I guess the church hid the scene from the passing public on Seville Place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Walked down Mayor St after work around 6pm. A few gards there but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Barna77 wrote: »
    Walked down Mayor St after work around 6pm. A few gards there but nothing else.

I hope you did'nt expect to meet the assassins there ........They would have long gone .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I hope you did'nt expect to meet the assassins there ........They would have long gone .
    I mean, I only knew about this on the news when I got home, walking around the area I didn't notice anything had happened. I only saw 3 gards walking up the street chatting to each other.

Thats a busy community day and night. How long before a child is caught in the cross fire? So many children playing on the streets down there, football, hide and seek, its shocking how easy an innocent could be caught up in it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,370 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

RTE just did a piece about it , according to the garda speaking someone on a "pedal cycle" was involved

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jake1 wrote: »
    Thats a busy community day and night. How long before a child is caught in the cross fire? So many children playing on the streets down there, football, hide and seek, its shocking how easy an innocent could be caught up in it.:mad:
    There usually isn't any cross fire in these situations. I know what you mean, though - stray bullet, bullet exiting victim and hitting someone else, etc.
    silverharp wrote: »
    RTE just did a piece about it , according to the garda speaking someone on a "pedal cycle" was involved
    That's to keep the syllables per word count down. Although 'veh-i-cle' has three.....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't even understand why this is a story anymore.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I don't even understand why this is a story anymore.

Dosent a murder commited in the bright evening sunshine on a busy street warrant discussion anymore? Are we all that complacent? Therein lies the problem I suppose. We are all sick of it.

I remember a vague echo from the mists of time...' Its the last sting of a dying wasp...'
    Does that ring a bell with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's scum killing scum, I hope they wipe each other out

Advertisement