Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets play the guessing game with Ono

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Kotaku just re-word most things they see on the web, Orim.

And they don't even update much these days. :mad:

Yeah but that counts for most of the web.

Except for SFIE which is pretty much all original content. Also counts for the associated youtube account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Orim wrote: »
    Yeah but that counts for most of the web.

Except for SFIE which is pretty much all original content. Also counts for the associated youtube account.

they used to be good then they sold out
    amount of advert

anyone remember lik-sang?
    good times

abelking.jpg
    namcocapcom1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That Abel v King pic is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lies, something this epic CAN NOT BE REAL! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"A couple of hours till the embargo then i can update you. To manage expectations i will say it's not a new game release announcement today..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That second pic is surely fan-made as its a mish-mash of different art styles from various capcom games but the king-abel pic is cool either way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

i'd put my money on both being fakes

they are both fakes

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    i'd put my money on both being fakes

:) one of them has a heineken ad in the background so unless ono has discovered a new revenue stream for capcom I think thats a definite :)

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    "A couple of hours till the embargo then i can update you. To manage expectations i will say it's not a new game release announcement today..."

Eh... there's an announcement today?

I thought it was this weekend?

3rd Strike avatars now available on PSN...

there defo going to be DLC chars
    as well

alex is a definite

They said announcements start from today, but I imagine all the big ones will wait till the weekend. I think they said the above as pre emptive damage control as their last "big" announcement was a website for a game no one gave a **** about and everyone went crazy at them cause they hyped it up so much.

Aye.

Flyer for the arcade version.

21_ssf4scan.jpg

That pretty clearly is referring to console characters to me? All the arcade characters from SF4 are tiny and all the console characters and new to SSF4 characters are big.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

That pretty clearly is referring to console characters to me? All the arcade characters from SF4 are tiny and all the console characters and new to SSF4 characters are big.

Well, yeah. Since they are all completely new to the arcade version.

EDIT: While we were all noticing the really obvious stuff, anyone else see the big "HERE COMES NEW CHALLENGERS?!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Can anyone speak Japanese here?

http://kotaku.com/5592462/super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-welcoming-new-challengers

What's more, the Japanese text splashed across the front of the statement isn't a question. It says something along the lines of "The Appearance Of New Challengers!"

Some new fighters, perhaps? Could be. It's not like it'd be without precedent; after all, Capcom added a bunch of new fighters to Street Fighter IV when it made the jump from arcade to console; no reason they can't do the same in this case, especially since they'll need to convince people to head to an arcade to play a game they already own at home.

looks to me their just talking about new challengers to the arcade version
    Not sure if the bold is applicable in japan, or for anywhere with an arcade scene, offline > online.

It would, except the ? at the end. Doesn't really make sense unless it's hyping a reveal.

• Advertisement

DLC characters would make tournaments in places like XGC really awkward if they happen.

I would say it's talking about the console characters and the super characters.

You have to remember that the current arcade release of SFIV has only got 16 characters.

I'm still hoping they don't do DLC characters, I don't want to end up with a marvelesque 50 odd characters. It would also make online hell if you couldn't play against the DLC characters. Ugh it would be so stupid.

Orim wrote: »
    I would say it's talking about the console characters and the super characters.

You have to remember that the current arcade release of SFIV has only got 16 characters.

I'm still hoping they don't do DLC characters, I don't want to end up with a marvelesque 50 odd characters. It would also make online hell if you couldn't play against the DLC characters. Ugh it would be so stupid.
    Yea, but it has all the characters there, and then says "New Challangers!?"

WHY THE QUESTION MARK! Although, it is Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

DLC characters would make tournaments in places like XGC really awkward if they happen.
    Just ban them from tourneys......if they're paid DLc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Or if you want to play with that character, you have to bring it on a memory stick.
    The characters should already be in the game, when you buy them it just unlocks it, so everyone should be able to play them online.
    Part of the reason the PC version might not be out yet is they don't want people snooping through the assets looking for dlc chars.

Mistranslation? Although that's never happened before, has it Sheng Long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

PPC wrote: »
    Or if you want to play with that character, you have to bring it on a memory stick.
    The characters should already be in the game, when you buy them it just unlocks it, so everyone should be able to play them online.
    Part of the reason the PC version might not be out yet is they don't want people snooping through the assets looking for dlc chars.

PC ain't out because of piracy. Skins are on the disc, signifigant character dlc likely isn't.

there is also a question mark in the blue itself if you look closely.
    its green

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It can be read as here come new challengers? As opposed to how you are reading it; here comes the new challengers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Placebo wrote: »
    abelking.jpg
    namcocapcom1.jpg

A few more
    kenvpaul.jpg
    rufvbob.jpg
    ryuvJin.jpg

Advertisement