Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets play the guessing game with Ono

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

According to a newly registered member on SRK who apparently has insider knowledge whats being shown at comic - con, this is what Capcom is bringing to the table;

Arcade Update announcement of Super Street Fighter IV to include 7 additional characters. Footage of "Alex" and "Rolento" is shown off.

Footage of New Darkstalkers Game featuring demonstration of 2 new characters whom are a white-haired teen witch girl and a harpy.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to show off new characters Trish, Dr. Doom, Chun-Li and Super Skrull with playable demo.

Do not take my word for it. There is the possibility that this guy is a troll.

Oh, god, the rumor machine is going into overload, whats it going to be like just before the official announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Please let it be Rolento

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

7 ? jeez, thats a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If Alex is real, I'll have him as back-up to Abel.
    220px-Alex-sf3.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If Alex is real, I'll have him as back-up to Abel.
    220px-Alex-sf3.jpg

Kiki, who you trying kid?
    By the time you main a character, we'll be looking at Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Jaysus, the rumour mill is indeed going into overdrive. This is fun =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Now this IS interesting....

Seems like that rumor of new characters is all but confirmed.

That Rufus/Bob pic is my new background.

ssf4arcade.jpg

direct link
    it be better to add characters above the older ones

Definitely Rolento and Elena. They both already have stages.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Even though that pic would be hilariously easy to photoshop it still probably is true. This will cause problems in xgc no doubt

• Advertisement

as far as i know./heard, gootecks tweeted it, because hes in japan i think.
    p.s: OMG gootecks, american, booooo etc, **** off. People need to get a hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nah, we can just ban these characters from competitive play (like how Vader & Yoda are banned from Soulcalibur 4 tourneys).

@farz: Gootecks was definitely in Japan for some games against KSK and others.

Vader and Yoda are allowed in SCIV tournaments, and I think it will only be a problem if the DLC characters are paid DLC. If not it should be no problem for Inferno since Inferno 11 we'll be bringing our own stuff.

GorySnake wrote: »
    If not it should be no problem for Inferno since Inferno 11 we'll be bringing our own stuff.

That might not be a permanent change of venue though. Most of the xbox's in xgc dont have HD's to store DLC so we would have to start bringing memory units again (but not mine since it was stolen from xgc :eek:)

360s can now use USB keys as memory cards - should be able to load up some profiles with the characters if it comes to that.
    I doubt there'll be enough profiles/dlcs to go around though so new character battles could be limited to spsecific consoles?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    360s can now use USB keys as memory cards - should be able to load up some profiles with the characters if it comes to that.
    I doubt there'll be enough profiles/dlcs to go around though so new character battles could be limited to spsecific consoles?

Yeah but you just know there'll be one guy who HAS to play on a PS3 (not ps2 with an adapter, oh no) pad and wants a new character.

What then Sairus?

WHAT THEN?!?!

(ans: we tell him to bugger off and learn stick. :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yeah but you just know there'll be one guy who HAS to play on a PS3 (not ps2 with an adapter, oh no) pad and wants a new character.

What then Sairus?

WHAT THEN?!?!

(ans: we tell him to bugger off and learn stick. :P )
    Or tell him to haul his PS3 into the tourny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UdX0iKwtMQ&feature=channel#

no photoshop
    10:08 for the char select screen

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim wrote: »
    Or tell him to haul his PS3 into the tourny!

Works until he has to play cog.

then it's coin toss territory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

If its a free DLC it should only take a couple of mins to download, whats the problem with the xgc??

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    If its a free DLC it should only take a couple of mins to download, whats the problem with the xgc??

Free DLC? You do realise we're talking about Capcom here, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

ha ha true, but I'm just thinking how can they put a different version in the arcades to at home, nieve on my part I suppose.

Sagat06 wrote: »

The problem is no harddrives on xgc xbox's (apart from one maybe). Though memory units or usb keys will solve that. Do they have to be official usb keys or any auld one?

Any auld ones. Same on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    The problem is no harddrives on xgc xbox's (apart from one maybe). Though memory units or usb keys will solve that. Do they have to be official usb keys or any auld one?

Don't all of the consoles have hard drives? There's only one that doesn't have a hard drive. Having said that I haven't checked to see if there is hard drives.

They all have HD's bar one (which we use our own for) afaik.

Maybe i'm wrong but i thought there was a serious lack of hard-drives in there recently? I'll check tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

There's a serious lack of consoles but each of them has a HD except for 15 and possibly one other.

Also,

"Check out the Capcom Europe blog at 9.30pm (BST) on Saturday for 'THAT' Earth Shattering announcment"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

urienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurienurien

Advertisement