Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is south Dublin so full of blowhards? (part 2)

Options
  • 13-07-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Following on from my previous thread - which was Closed by a mod without any explanation - I thought I'd post a couple of recent observations.

I had the pleasure of a long conversation with a bloke today, who sounded like a cross between Ross from Friends and Richard Harris as Bull McCabe. Truly the weirdest accent ever, really grating and shrieking arrogance in every vowel.

Manicured to within an inch of his life, with a finely tailored pink shirt/pink tie combo that would put Beau Brummel to shame, this empty vassal held court, with opinions that had me veering between boredom and offended.

He had me thinking of that quote, "What you are screams so loud I can barely hear what you say".

In the previous post, many of the retorts fell into one of the following three brackets:
    1. Culchies are scum/loud drunks (or "assholes", as one 'dude' put it),
    2. There are some salt-of-the-earth working-class areas in south Dublin,
    3. Cool story bro/in before the lock/tl;dr/yada yada

But, fellow boardsies, I put it to you again: why are there so many of these people in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

pop down to super macs for some culchie burger to go with the chip on your shoulder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

markesmith wrote: »
    this empty vassal held court,

Strange...... subordinates don't usually hold court....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I'd rather have to spend time with someone from South Dublin than someone from anywhere else in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

a south dubliner in a pink shirt

pass me my revolver

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Too much money makes people stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Following on from my previous thread - which was Closed by a mod without any explanation - I thought I'd post a couple of recent observations.........blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

Why didn't you post this in the South Dublin forum? Afraid of those pink shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

I had the pleasure of a long conversation with a bloke today, who sounded like a cross between Ross from Friends and Richard Harris as Bull McCabe. Truly the weirdest accent ever, really grating and shrieking arrogance in every vowel.

How exactly did this happen? I can't even remember the last time I spent more than a minute talking to someone I disapproved of this much.

Ridiculously narrow minded to suggest there are "so many of these type" of people in Dublin alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

pop down to super macs for some culchie burger to go with the chip on your shoulder

I'm not a culchie mate.

Yeah you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Any fcuker who refers to me as mate,I consider to be a total wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Because no where else will have them and there's safety in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Blowhards?

I bet you do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Hold on, there's a South Dublin now? Things sure have changed since I've been away.

Davidius wrote: »
    Hold on, there's a South Dublin now? Things sure have changed since I've been away.

Yes, there is a South Dublin now. There has always been a South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Yeah a lot has changed since you left us alright, Greystones is now called called "South Dublin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Who controls South Dublin , the Bloods or the Crips , handy to know what colours I should wear if I go there.

Pink shirts, what gang are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Following on from my previous thread - which was Closed by a mod without any explanation - I thought I'd post a couple of recent observations.

Manicured to within an inch of his life, with a finely tailored pink shirt/pink tie combo that would put Beau Brummel to shame, this empty vassal held court, with opinions that had me veering between boredom and offended.

He had me thinking of that quote, "What you are screams so loud I can barely hear what you say".

In the previous post, many of the retorts fell into one of the following three brackets:

But, fellow boardsies, I put it to you again: why are there so many of these people in Dublin?

The wanko students never went home and bred here they arent dubliners they are bogger's :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

Breeding and wankin' ... fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

If you didn't like the person you we're talking to, then why did you have a conversation with him. In Ireland you have freedom of speech and the freedom to listen to who you wish.

Also, what kind of response did you expect to get here? Everyone knows there are alot of weirdos out there, not only in south Dublin.

Honestly man, get access to R&R and get the reaction you want.

GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

TheZohan wrote: »
    Why didn't you post this in the South Dublin forum? Afraid of those pink shirts?

Gets a boner around them.

So you're saying you'd have to be a wanker to be your mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yes there is. And there's a Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and a Fingal, too.

OP probably means Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown. There's no one like that in South Duiblin, at all, at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Would the real Mark E.Smith please stand up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u-E-5Qc7sE&feature=related

I know what ya mean mate man bud horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Horndawg

I cry AFFLUENCE at you my little muck savage, bog hopping, cousin bothering, knuckle dragging, troglodyte. We laugh smugly in an ever so West British/Californian manner at you.

Good day to you loike!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Yes there is. And there's a Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and a Fingal, too.
    Are you sure? Wikipedia isn't infallible, I'll to go see this South Dublin for myself. It can't be any worse than the the prequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Whole thread is a troll. Probably explains why the other one was banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Blowhard, Suckhard, Pinkshirt, Blueshirt, Blackshirt, Malahide, Howth, Clontarf and Courtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Are you sure? Wikipedia isn't infallible, I'll to go see this South Dublin for myself. It can't be any worse than the the prequel.

The good thing about wikipedia is that they often include links to external website where you can verify the information.

Here's the first one for you: DL-Rathdown website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jesus relax, it's just a term of endearment. I'd rather someone said "sorry mate can I get by there" than being a rude prick grunting and shouldering his way through you.

Anyway, I've worked with plenty of southsiders and met plenty through boards, as with everyone you get your sound people and your fcuking dicks (we have scum on the northside, you have arrogant I'm better than you ***** on your side, no big deal). It's always hilarious coming across a walking Ross O'Carroll Kelly cliche.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement