Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing Posters for Lamp-Posts

Options
  • 13-07-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I want to put large pictures of a bride and groom on lamp-posts leading from the church to the reception as surprise. So I'm looking to print large posters (A2/A1). Ideally, ones like they use for elections, i.e. hard plastic.
    Does anyone have any experience of getting these printed? If so, where and what price?

Anywhere in Dublin or Wicklow.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hope the church and reception are pretty much beside each other or the council will probably hang you out to dry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think the normal election poster costs about €30 and thats probably a bulk discount so it may be more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I get a lot of stuff printed each year but mostly A3 and A0.

The best price I get for A0 is €35+ VAT - no minimum quantity from McGowans Print. They do fast turnaround and offer delivery.
    www.mcgowansprint.com

For A2/A3 Speciality Print offer reasonable pricing and great service
    http://www.specialityprint.ie/
    I dont know if they offer that Election style print but Im pretty sure they can do similar.

Pricewise Reads often come up trumps and im pretty sure that they would do semi rigid style printing http://reads.ie/

There are loads of other printing companies but I have had good experience with the first two, and Reads is well known. Also a lot of the other companies seem to target the commercial market rather than isolated "one-off jobs".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Hate to be a killjoy (although you would probably get away with if you made sure to take them down soon enough) but what you are suggesting is illegal and you could end up with a litter fine. That said, you can apply for a permit to advertise community events. A wedding would be fine (just tell the council it is a 'community celebration' :) at the church)

Advertisement