Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Sweeps

Options
  • 13-07-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone recommend someone to clean our chimney in Loughrea? Also how much would we be expecting to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Don't know anyone around Loughrea but the going rate is between €40 and €50. No more.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,245 ✭✭✭✭km79

also looking for chimney sweep in Athenry/Loughrea region?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

I got a guy to clean mine and my sisters house in Monivea and Coolarne. I can PM on the details if needed. Was €50 per house.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Ring Peter, He lives in Loughrea, Did all my windows and cleaned chimney lately. Cannot remember the cost but he was very thorough.

<PM for number, biko>

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

This guy was excellent at €40 to clean the chimney, quick and no mess at all, not sure of his name but the home phone number is 091 xxx

<PM for number, biko>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Should you really put up someones home phone number on here?

What's the going rate for someone to clean my windows and clean the gutters?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Numbers removed, see charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

I've used Paul Kearns, he also runs the petrol station up near mcinerneys, Very good have used him several times and no complaint. Think he and his brother do general cleaning / outdoor work. Look up the number for Pauls Petrol station to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

Anyone know a reliable chimney sweep around the Craughwell or Oranmore area ? last guy we got arrived with a Sydney vaume cleaner and made a real mess of the place and no effort to tidy up after himself, so hoping to get someone a little more professional this time, anyone got any recommendations ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GalwayGirl2011

I've seen a log that you light and it cleans the chimney, not sure if it's any good but it would be clean. Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

Keating chimney cleaners in Renmore, very good,very clean,and turn up when they say they will. They also come out to Oranmore, got them a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lookinbusy

Thanks folks, I'll check out both those suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭pmcd22

link to Micheal Kearns Chimney service in Loughrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I've used Paul Kearns, he also runs the petrol station up near mcinerneys, Very good have used him several times and no complaint. Think he and his brother do general cleaning / outdoor work. Look up the number for Pauls Petrol station to get him.

We ended up going with Paul, €25 and no mess :p

Advertisement