Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gluten free corn tortilla's or a tortilla press?

Options
  • 13-07-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone here might know anywhere in Ireland
    where I could get gluten free tortilla's or failing that a tortilla press so I can make my own?

any suggestions appreciated
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not sure about the gluten free tortillas but did a Mexican cookery class a while back and while they did have a tortilla press there what we used was a large piece cut out of a black bag (clean, unused, never been near a bin) and a giant dictionary. Put the tortilla dough (in a small ball or chunk) between 2 sheets of black bag and squish down with dictionary. Worked a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eefy

Thanks MissFlitworth,
    I will give that a try

• Registered Users Posts: 7 as1435

Hi,

I have searched the web all day looking for a tortilla press and you can only get them from the states, does anyone know if you can get one in Ireland. Would love to get one of the wooden presses.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eefy

I found corn tortilla's in the Epicurian foodhall in a place called taco taco,
    The guy assured me that they were made of only corn.
    They were the type for frying for hard tacos not soft tacos, but they did the job.
    They cost me €4 for about 30, bargain!

@ as1435,
    I found this when I was looking online for a tortilla press,
    http://www.bread-bakers.com/tortilla-press.html

might be useful, as it seems impossible to find a press here in ireland

Advertisement