Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to I connect a monitor to this?????

• 13-07-2010 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

New Mobo I/O port:

IO.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

nVital wrote: »
    New Mobo I/O port:

IO.jpg

You get a graphics card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

As above..you dont have on board graffic's so you will have to buy a graffics card(probably pcie slot).If it isnt for gaming or using CAD you can pick them up cheaply enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

If it doesnt have a pci -express slot,you,ll have to buy a pci graphics card,assuming it doesnt have an agp Graphics slot , i got 1 in peats.
    pci slot is white.can you post the model no ,eg asus 670 lvx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

New Mobo I/O port:

What are ports 10 according to the manual?

its easier to buy a agp card ,if theres an agp interface on the motherboard.if you cannot find a pci card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,535 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ricman wrote: »
    THEY LOOK LIKE USB PORTS, =ports ten.

11 and 9 are USB. 10 is a different shape, but I can't quiet make out what they are. They almost look like HDMI ports, but that said I wouldn't expect two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Either video out or FireWire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

have these ports on my laptop there usb/esata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

MSI Power eSATA apparently.
    http://www.dvhardware.net/article35303.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 nVital

Lads the mobo is new-ish. AM3 socket and supports DDR3, and has intgrated graphics for fcuk sake, so why have integrated when I'll need a pci. I just need to make sure its working untill I buy a HD 5770.

The two weird ports say there:

12 Optical SPDIF Out Port
    13 Coaxial SPDIF Out Port

Any more ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

There are no monitor sockets on the I/O panel. If the mobo has integrated graphics, it probably came with a VGA or DVI bracket that plugs into a header on the board (like this Asus M3N78 for example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Lads the mobo is new-ish. AM3 socket and supports DDR3, and has intgrated graphics for fcuk sake, so why have integrated when I'll need a pci. I just need to make sure its working untill I buy a HD 5770.

The two weird ports say there:

12 Optical SPDIF Out Port
    13 Coaxial SPDIF Out Port

Any more ideas?

what mobo is it? give us a link, maybe they put the wrong image up.

what mobo is it? give us a link, maybe they put the wrong image up.

It's an Asrock M3N78-D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055968316

There's no video card, and it's the correct image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

1. Phenom II X6 6-Core CPU Ready
    2. Solid Capacitor for CPU power
    3. Supports CPU up to 140W
    4. Hyper Transport Bus 5200 MT/s
    5. Supports Hyper-Transport 3.0 (HT 3.0) Technology
    6. NVIDIA® nForce 720D Chipset
    7. Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1800(OC)/1600(OC)/1333/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory, 4 DIMM slots, maximum capacity up to 16GB

* 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)
    * 4 x SATAII 3.0 Gb/s, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5 and JBOD), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions
    * 2 x Powered eSATAII/USB Connectors
    * Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
    * ASRock Instant Boot, Instant Flash, OC Tuner, Intelligent Energy Saver, OC DNA
    * Free Bundle : CyberLink DVD Suite - OEM and Trial; Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB - Trial
    * 7.1 CH HD Audio (VIA® VT1718S Audio Codec with QSound)
    * Compatible with Windows® 7
    * I/O Panel: 1 x Coaxial SPDIF Out Port, 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port, 4 x ready-to-use USB 2.0 ports, 2 x Powered eSATAII/USB Connectors, 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED
    Audio, Video and Networking
    Graphics - n/a
    Audio - 7.1 CH HD Audio (VIA® VT1718S Audio Codec)
    LAN - Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
    - Giga PHY Realtek RTL8211CL
    - Supports Wake-On-LAN

No, it doesn't have a onboard video - you best start saving for that HD5770 :D

OP RTFM*!!:D

*ReadTheFukkingManual

just buy a cheap graphic card , if you are not a gamer, like 45 euro.you may want to get hdmi out, on the card, which will cost abit more, if you wanna use it on a hdtv.

1st rule of pc building, rtfm, thats strange , must be designed for servers, it has not got 1 single pci slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Saying RTFM isn't exactly constructive, especially this stage in topic. Although it is true, I'm pretty sure the OP will have learned for the future.
    Have you got any older PC with a PCI graphics card in it to tie you over? Maybe borrow one from someone else? New PCI cards are expensive, but people are throwing out older ones. The cheapest new card I see around is a €30 4350 PCI-E on elara (ex. postage). Adverts have a few old PCI cards for lower. If you can, try and push to buy what your 5770 (or similar), as whatever card you buy will have little use afterwards.

Spear wrote: »
    11 and 9 are USB. 10 is a different shape, but I can't quiet make out what they are. They almost look like HDMI ports, but that said I wouldn't expect two.

They're eSATA-USB combos, you see them in laptops sometimes now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

ricman wrote: »
    just buy a cheap graphic card , if you are not a gamer, like 45 euro.you may want to get hdmi out, on the card, which will cost abit more, if you wanna use it on a hdtv.

1st rule of pc building, rtfm, thats strange , must be designed for servers, it has not got 1 single pci slot.

It has 3 PCI slots :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Adyx wrote: »
    It has 3 PCI slots :confused:

They weren't listed above, but yes, there are 3. Probably because it's not exactly a noteworthy selling point for most people, these days.

Monotype wrote: »
    Saying RTFM isn't exactly constructive,

Yeah you're right but after the OP posted
    and has intgrated graphics for fcuk sake
    and then posted on building&upgrading for a second opinion,I thought the reply was appropiate:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement