Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lab demonstrations + Tutorials

Options
  • 13-07-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

I am about to undertake a postgrad (MSC) and have been told that I can earn money doing tutorials/demonstrations.

I would just like to get a rough idea how much universities pay for these lab demonstrations and tutorials and how many hours are usually available.

I know it varies, but Im just trying to figure out what Ill be living on. NUI maynooth specifically if anyone knows

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

In TCD, they pay €25 per hour, but I think NUIM could be less. As far as hours go, I'd say that varies a good bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mbnxztp1qyevf9

Hey there,

Just wondering whether anyone has any experience of tutoring in UCD? Like the OP, I'm just about to start a Masters (LL.M), and would be interested in getting involved in tutorials. Does anyone know when they recruit, what they look for etc?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

in dcu you have to demonstrate for free unfortunately

tutorials are paid but I am not sure how much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Anybody know what the tutorials and demonstrations work is like in Queen's? Starting there in September and would be interested.

Advertisement