Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to replace sofa cushion

• 13-07-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice, we have been renting a place for nearly 5 years and the sofa that we have, the cushion that we sit on has gone very flat, do you know where I could buy a replacement cushion for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You could go to an upholstery firm and have them make three (?) new cushions - take in the old one for a pattern. You will have to find fabric that will match with the sofa, even if it is contrasting. You will not be able to replace just one and have it look any way reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

An upholsterer might be able to re-stuff the existing cushions instead of getting new ones made. Basically open one of the seams, unroll the covering and re-fit over new filling then restitch the seam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I can take them out of the fabric, there is a zipper so i just want to replace the foam cushion (not the fabric)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

In that case you can just go into an upholstery firm and ask them to cut a piece of foam to size for you. You need to get the good quality stuff, the soft foam will just squash flat when you sit on it.

Advertisement