Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tracing through HSE

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done their trace through the hse in dublin? I'm hoping my turn is coming soon but just wondering what to expect. I dont have an official copy of my non identifying info just some from my parents when adoption took place but hse make u wait until you've been assigned an sw before they give it. It is draining just waiting for something to happen :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Well I applied for my non-identifying information in May 2009 to St Louise's. I was sent a letter saying that I would be allocated a SW and someone would get back to me - it was the end of September before I got a letter from SW.

I spoke to her on the phone and she sent me the information in the post, which was my choice. I could have gone in to meet her either. She was extremely nice and I spoke to her a couple of times and she was very helpful.

I decided not to go down the tracing route so I cannot advise on how long that will take. I decided to send off the contact preference form instead. (I only did this in May 2010 as I kept changing my mind about whether I wanted to do it or not!)

My only advice would be to try and put it out of your mind and not be waiting for the post every day (which is what i did for the first week or two after they said the SW would be in touch!) There is no rush - and when you get the information, you will probably be all over the place emotionally. I know I was. So give yourself time to let all the information sink in, before you decide where you want to go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

hi geturgun,

thanks for ur post. Ive had no laptop so couldnt log back in but two days after my post I got my letter and rang sw, it only took 2/3 years! Anyway she seemed nice and i have an app to go see her next week. First official step i suppose.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I went through it with the HSE in waterford. Ask if you want to know about anything!

Advertisement