Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paycut, what my rights

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I been working for company 5 years, last year I get a 10% paycut. On Friday I have been told I now get a 20% cut.

I have signed a contract when I start but did not get a new one last year when I get 10% cut.

Because my contract no longer reflect my wages do I still have a right to say no to paycut or must I take 20% cut like they say?

After 2 years at company I get raise but still after the two cut I will earn more than contract say.

Sorry for my english

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes, you can say no to the paycut but you must do so quickly.

If you don't say no, the company assumes that you agree to it and puts it into effect.

But, if you say no to the paycut, you need to consider any possible fallout.

Advertisement