Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open HSBC account in UK from ROI

Options
  • 13-07-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I want to open a HSBC account but in the ROI they seem to be only for high worth individuals which I sadly am not!

However in the UK they have banking for everyone.
    So i am wondering if it is possible to open an account in NI, will they let me do this if i go up to Newry for example on a day trip?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I'm not sure about HSBC but I opened an account in Bank of Ireland in Newry, no problem. Do you have a specific reason for HSBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, I have read money transfer to HSBC in Guangzhou in China is cheap and easy if you have a HSBC account.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I have had a HSBC account for many years. There a nice bank to deal with - but bring as many documents as you can (pasport, drivers licence, bills, bank statements from Irish bank etc), that will always help in getting the account faster.

If your going to be using a debit or credit card in China (i'm presuming your going there) then I would recommend Nationwide. There charges for using cards abroad are very good (I have a Nationwide account aswell and I find it great when I go travelling).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moe7

I walked into an HSBC branch while shopping in Belfast recently , and while the lady initially said I could open an account ( I had informed her that I was living and working in the republic), she later came back and told me that this was not possible.

Let me know if you find out how to do this as I too would love to open an account with them.

Moe

Advertisement