Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffolding on big chimney by bridge??

Options
  • 13-07-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

well lads, anyone know what they are doing to the chimney by the shannon bridge??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I noticed that the other day, don't see what they could be doing only getting ready to knock it! Its not like its used or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i dont think it will be knocked, not 100% sure but i think its a listed structure..just dont know..is it even in use anymore? maybe they're just cleaning it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

took this earlier today

IMGP7466_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

Those lads must have some head for heights!!

IMGP7454_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

thats in Golden Vale creamery also known as Lansdowne creamety--that chymney is a protected building as its over 100 years old and was used when the plant was Cleaves--it used to be 30 feet higher but was shortened due to hazzards--there is a picture out there somewhere of one of the guys standing unsupported on the edges of the chimney when it was taller.

P.s that yard used to be for Limerick in the first world war what Dell Was in the 90s--thousands of people worked there making sweets ,condensed milk,butter,textiles and at one stage British uniforms now it has a staff of around 30

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

dave 27 wrote: »
    well lads, anyone know what they are doing to the chimney by the shannon bridge??

I think there's a crows nest on the top there trying to get down....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

cool...i wish they'd let me go up there...id love to take some snaps...Im always up on some cool buildings but never know what to excect...ususally carrying so much gear with me...i never think of a camera....would say theres a beautiful view from there...

Advertisement