Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera/Lens Rental in Ireland?

• 13-07-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone recomend a camera rental location in Ireland/Dublin
    I heard of Cons and thought the prices were a con, compared to the uk prices
    Can anyone help
    probably looking for a Nikon d700 and 24-70mm 2.8 lens

Garry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i always use conns for rental

but you can also use:
    http://www.dml.ie/rental.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

theres places like ISS and DML - but they usually only deal with professionals.

DML mainly do Hassleblad and ISS are mainly Canon.

Why were you looking at places (prices) in UK ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

PCPhoto wrote: »
    theres places like ISS and DML - but they usually only deal with professionals.

DML mainly do Hassleblad and ISS are mainly Canon.

Why were you looking at places (prices) in UK ?

Comparison!
    Also when i did a search for Dublin rental, it came up with what appeared to be a business in the uk with a partner in ireland, they had a 1800 number but no physical address in Ireland, prices were ok but didn't know where they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

there was a thread on that a couple of weeks ago - they had an address in Belfast (I think) - but something about it seemed dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

Yeah, probably these guys, to me a few things look wrong
    http://www.camerent.ie/ireland/

1. Pretty girl (stock photo) on front page
    2. No address or phone number for ireland
    3. They rent studios, but dont say where
    4. No address anywhere on their homepage (ie hiding something)
    5. Stupid picture of a dublin bridge to signify they have an irish office :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

calument are a big rental company around the world. i am not sure what their rental stock is like in their belfast branch

prices are not to bad, but you do realise that renting a large lens for example you need to pay quite a large deposit, particularly if you havent dealt with them before

Advertisement