Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XBOX Slim

• 13-07-2010 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Lads, don't burn me here... :)

thinking about getting the new xbox slim, the last computer game console if you would call it that was a commodore but i guess as the years tick on the more i lust for youth :) Anyway if you could take the time to answer a few questions that would be much appreciated.

1: Slim seems like a good deal correct? Do you get any games with the actual console?
    2:Can you recommend a good place to buy it?
    3:Can you recommend a space fighter game, there used to be a cool one in the arcade many years ago where you were in your little space ship firing at will etc?
    4:Recommend a good shooter game - i played dOOM 1 AND HALF LIFE 1 ON THE PC YEARS AGO AN THOUGHT THEY WERE EXCELLENT, BASICALLY LOOKING FOR something straight forward, thought that grand theft auto was rubbish too much messin about and not enough shooting if you get me?

5: Is the contoller simple to use, didnt like the playstation 2 one at aall too many damn buttons and vibrating crap(played it once at a party)

6: whats the story with the subscription thing, how does it work and is it expensive,?
    any info appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Questions about the Xbox360 Slim answered here and game reviews here
    Xbox Live subs dealt with in the sticky at the top of the page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In terms of games if you liked Half Life, do your best to look for The Orange Box, it has to be the biggest bargain in gaming history. 5 games in on disc. Half Life 2, HalfLife2 Episode 1+2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

1: Slim seems like a good deal correct? Do you get any games with the actual console?
    2:Can you recommend a good place to buy it?
    3:Can you recommend a space fighter game, there used to be a cool one in the arcade many years ago where you were in your little space ship firing at will etc?
    4:Recommend a good shooter game - i played dOOM 1 AND HALF LIFE 1 ON THE PC YEARS AGO AN THOUGHT THEY WERE EXCELLENT, BASICALLY LOOKING FOR something straight forward, thought that grand theft auto was rubbish too much messin about and not enough shooting if you get me?

5: Is the contoller simple to use, didnt like the playstation 2 one at aall too many damn buttons and vibrating crap(played it once at a party)

6: whats the story with the subscription thing, how does it work and is it expensive,?
    any info appreciated, thanks

1. I believe there are offers in certain stores e.g. gamestop are giving 3 games.
    2. depends on whether you want it in the first batch or you want a better deal and are willing to wait
    3. not off top of my head sorry
    4. gears of war, halo, call of duty
    5. controller is the best i've ever used
    6. it's 6.99euro a month if you subscribe through the box, although search online and you can find cheaper 12 month subscriptions. xbox live is worth it in my opinion. You need a broadband connection at home for it to work. The xbox slim comes with Wifi built in if you use a wifi router at home.

good luck.

Advertisement