Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick people and soccer!?!

Options
  • 13-07-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Ok folks lets see who Limerick people support.

Super blues all the way but what english club do you support?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its football!!!

Blackburn Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Jofspring

kilburn wrote: »
    Ok folks lets see who Limerick people support.

Super blues all the way but what english club do you support?

Limerick FC are number one for me too.

As a kid Man U but seriously lost interest as i got older and realised watching over payed players acting the eijit on telly just isn't a patch on the real thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »
    Limerick FC are number one for me too.

Surely Caherdavin Celtic should be your number one! :D (unless I have you mistaken for another jofspring...)

Manchester United would be my team of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Surely Caherdavin Celtic should be your number one! :D (unless I have you mistaken for another jofspring...)

Manchester United would be my team of choice.

Coonagh Utd possibly now ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Liverpool FC first and always.

Quite enjoy going to Limerick FC games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Man United and Limerick FC for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Ireland, I know thats obvious, but I watch premiership week in week out yet the only time I ever get nervous/angry/frustrated/excited/ecstatic is when im watching Ireland in a competitive match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cannot stand Football or Rugby or any GAA sport
    apart from being able to tolerate Hurley. So support none. :o
    The sports I like dont be on the telly much.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Think It Should Be Called "Irish People & Soccer" On How We Like To All Jump On The Band Wagon And Support English Teams Yet When We Play Against The English We Hate Um Haha..... Limerick FC Till I Die =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

bullets wrote: »
    Cannot stand Football or Rugby or any GAA sport
    apart from being able to tolerate Hurley. So support none. :o
    The sports I like dont be on the telly much.

~B

Intrigue :)

What are the sports you like that aren't on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Intrigue :)

What are the sports you like that aren't on tv

Orienteering is never on, Damn you sky sports.

Shootings only on when the Olympics are on or the odd
    country channel skeet shoot.

Fencing which I used to do is only on when its the electic sports fencing which does not represent true fencing
    with regards to how it was actually done back in the day when it came to duels and real bouts.

Archery cant remember when that was last on telly.

All of the above are probably not the best for Mass Crowds
    packing stadium dressed in team colours roaring and shouting and waving hands and jumping up out of seats
    in excitement though. Pity.

Airsoft is sport for nerds. (some debate on if its a sport rather than a game buy hey Snooker and Darts are games rather than sports and
    they are on the telly) Probably too much of an ungerground sport in Europe for now so dont think it will be appearing any time soon.

Rock or wall climbing, its been years since I've seen this on TV. Used to love watching the rock climbers on Eurosport years back
    do times climbs.

(I'll stop now dont want to hi-jack OP's thread)
    ~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WoodView

A true supporter of any team stays with their team through good times and bad.I notice that we are a very banwaggonish people once a team goes down hill its leap on to another one--which leads me to believe that we are werent really that interested to begin with---especially those bores that you have to listen to in the pub--

i watch it on telly not all that pushed about it really feel no need to wear a team jersey everywhere or slabber about it in the local

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Nottingham Forest. Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

WoodView wrote: »
    A true supporter of any team stays with their team through good times and bad.I notice that we are a very banwaggonish people once a team goes down hill its leap on to another one--which leads me to believe that we are werent really that interested to begin with---especially those bores that you have to listen to in the pub--

i watch it on telly not all that pushed about it really feel no need to wear a team jersey everywhere or slabber about it in the local

I aint bandwaggonish in the least. I have been following rovers since they were promoted to the premiership back in 1992 and followed them even when they were relegated to then Division 1.

would you view my comment as accurate regarding most would be soccer fanatics though-present company excluded of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

WoodView wrote: »

Irish people jump on bandwagons when it comes to all sports. Look at Rugby, particularly munster. Its the same with GAA, soccer, and the country even started showing an interest in cricket a few years back when Ireland started doing ok at the world cup.

It seems to be a cultural thing

oh I agree. sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Manchester United, Ireland, and also have a soft spot for Luton Town and Sampdoria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Hate soccer myself and really hate Irish people following English clubs religously...but that just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'm a massive Chelsea fan. Love em to bits, if you cut me I would bleed blue.

I'm so glad I went back following them this year, I used to follow them from about 04 -06, but then I rekindled my love for Man Utd for the next 3 seasons, but saw the error of my ways and am back with Chelsea.

I have also had brief spells following Arsenal and Blackburn.

But now it's Chelsea till I die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Man U supporter. I go along to the odd Limerick FC game also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Arsenal till i die, ashamed to say i rarely if ever follow the LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Season ticket holder at Limerick FC.

For me, nothing beats watching football at the ground. And following a team which represents your town/city/region is far more fulfilling (for me) than following a team from a different country.

I'm not having a dig, as I don't care who people support, I'm just saying that I can't really see the point of it.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I'm a massive Chelsea fan. Love em to bits, if you cut me I would bleed blue.

I'm so glad I went back following them this year, I used to follow them from about 04 -06, but then I rekindled my love for Man Utd for the next 3 seasons, but saw the error of my ways and am back with Chelsea.

I have also had brief spells following Arsenal and Blackburn.

But now it's Chelsea till I die.

Leeds fan in 92 as well I take it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Leeds fan in 92 as well I take it? ;)

Huh??

Sky didn't invent soccer until the 92/93 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Mc Love wrote: »
    Its football!!!

Blackburn Rovers

Well said, I'm sick of people saying "soccer" like we're all americans all of a sudden.
    I'm a Newcastle Utd man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Think It Should Be Called "Irish People & Soccer" On How We Like To All Jump On The Band Wagon And Support English Teams Yet When We Play Against The English We Hate Um Haha..... Limerick FC Till I Die =D

And what about those of us who are supporting the English team from the city we grew up in? :p

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Huh??

Sky didn't invent soccer until the 92/93 season.

Ah yes sorry of course. Around the same time they injected all that superior football knowledge into Andy Gray's brain*.

*Yes, I cant stand the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

omen80 wrote: »
    Well said, I'm sick of people saying "soccer" like we're all americans all of a sudden.
    I'm a Newcastle Utd man myself.

If you want to be pedantic its soccer, as football can be thought of as gaelic, but call it what you like !
    It aint a post for giving out we just want to know who everyone supports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

kilburn wrote: »
    If you want to be pedantic its soccer, as football can be thought of as gaelic, but call it what you like !
    It aint a post for giving out we just want to know who everyone supports

Yeah and if you want to be pedantic the irish flag is green, white and orange but I never hear anyone say that......
    Moving along...........I picked an English team because of the corresponding geographical location as where I grew up in Ireland, and the fact that they have the same home colours. I don't really see the point in choosing an English team because they are successful, there should really be more of a reason than that.

Advertisement