Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick people and soccer!?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Manchester United, my family has been supporting them since the late 60's maybe futher back not to sure. Was growing up watching them, also have a picture of me as a young one in the green and gold jersey they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Jofspring

tottenham for me been through the good and bad times since 1986.on the limerick fc thing went a few times last season but 12 euro to go watch crap.better off watching junior league imo

Its ten euro now. Gunna stay crap if no one supports them. Also the football is much improved from last season. This was shown in the first half against Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

tottenham for me been through the good and bad times since 1986.on the limerick fc thing went a few times last season but 12 euro to go watch crap.better off watching junior league imo
    Jofspring wrote: »
    Its ten euro now. Gunna stay crap if no one supports them. Also the football is much improved from last season. This was shown in the first half against Sunderland.

Last Limerick FC Match I paid money to see was at Pike Rovers Pitch - They Played like they had never trained together before and worse still like they couldn't, wouldn't or didn't recognise their own fcuking Jersey.

- The racist, ignorant chanting and relatively high Scumbag levels were secondary but equally disappointing aspect to the lack of Soccer on display.

This was years ago though in fairness - I'd come back if anyone could persuade me its improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Raiser wrote: »
    Last Limerick FC Match I paid money to see was at Pike Rovers Pitch - They Played like they had never trained together before and worse still like they couldn't, wouldn't or didn't recognise their own fcuking Jersey.

- The racist, ignorant chanting and relatively high Scumbag levels were secondary but equally disappointing aspect to the lack of Soccer on display.

This was years ago though in fairness - I'd come back if anyone could persuade me its improved?

Ya that was 6 or 7 years ago maybe. Big difference now. Different people running the club, different players playing for the club and lots of knew supporters. Add into that the team is doing well in the league (Joint second) and are really pushing for promotion and have the quality to do this, it is exciting times at Limerick FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Few beers always help, its decent at times, poor at times. really depends on who your playing and if their gonna lump the ball around for 90mins. Then it turns into a scrap, but we seem to be pulling results from poor games this year. Give us a decent pitch (cork, wexford, Shels) and you'll get fast flowing counter attacking football.

Give it a go, even chance an away trip with the SC, now thats well worth a go!

Sounds good, I'll have to take a look. Couple of beers and become a diehard limerick supporter for the night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Last time i went to see Limerick FC play was during Mike Kerley's second spell in charge - when the likes of Chucka Buckley and Brian O Callaghan were around. To be fair he performed miracles in achieving a top half finish with a very thin squad and near zero funding. And i think he was shunted out of a job unfairly so. With the current squad of players, experience and class in the form of Rogers, O'Flynn, Judge and Purcell, i would be expecting a top 3 finish at the least. I would definitely be interested in meeting up with fellow boardsies at a home game in Jackman Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

grenache wrote: »
    And i think he was shunted out of a job unfairly so. .

What makes you say that? He left himself 2 weeks before the season started with 2 players signed and no training done. His refusal to resign Garry Sheahan (best striker in the 1st div at the time) annoyed a lot of people alright but he left himself and hasent been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Leyton Orient, ever since a glorious run in Championship Manager 1996/1997. I actually know a genuine died-in-the-wool Orient supporter living in Limerick who couldn't believe it when I said I supported them.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Arsenal fan, only team that it bothers me if they lose, even Ireland losing doesn't have near the same effect on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Raiser wrote: »

They actually play decent football these days, but I'm not sure honkeys like you would be welcome up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Roadend wrote: »
    but I'm not sure honkeys like you would be welcome up there

Honkeys with cash always welcome :) just dont start signing ''Limerick til I die''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Mc Love wrote: »
    Its football!!!

Blackburn Rovers

It's soccer!

Spurs fan here....finally on the rise again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Summerville lad

Ya man utd fan but go to most of the limerick fc home matches.

Advertisement