Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

YOUR fave Xbox 360 games of all time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

1 - I was trying to sound like a 12 year old gamer. Spelling generally goes out the window when you do that.

a professional speller you are not. your statement is evidence of that.

Capital letters at the beginning of sentences are just as important to grammer as spelling. :p
    yes i will be there, saw him four times, once with alison krauss

The last time I saw him was on the Mighty Rearranger tour. Before that back in 1995 with Jimmy Page. Not sure about this one though, I think it's meant to be folky? Not my thing really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,784 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would anyone actually want to be a 'professional gamer'? Playing the same multipalyer game for hours on end. I'd get bored. Maybe fighting games because the community isn't full of bellends but nothing else.

Unless you guys mean reviewing games which I did for a while. Not as great as it's made out to be. RPGs and sandbox games are the bane of your life. GTA4, Lost Odyssey and Crisis Core almost broke me. Did love writing features about my own interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Never EVER make your hobby your profession. In most cases it'll just ruin it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Would anyone actually want to be a 'professional gamer'? Playing the same multipalyer game for hours on end. I'd get bored. Maybe fighting games because the community isn't full of bellends but nothing else.

Unless you guys mean reviewing games which I did for a while. Not as great as it's made out to be. RPGs and sandbox games are the bane of your life. GTA4, Lost Odyssey and Crisis Core almost broke me. Did love writing features about my own interests.

YOU reviewed games? oh deary me. im sure you put many a poor soul off buying a good game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,784 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Whatever. I was damn good at it and got asked by the guys to do one last review before christmas which got a small piece in the evening herald as well. I just tell it as I see it. No need to get upset when you disagree. Starting a HG101 article soon as well which you guys would get a good laugh out of if I said what it was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Haha cant wait for that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Moved from Arcade and Retro to Games. A more suitable forum as this console is 7th generation.

LoGiE :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭marcuspheonix

Whatever. I was damn good at it and got asked by the guys to do one last review before christmas which got a small piece in the evening herald as well. I just tell it as I see it. No need to get upset when you disagree. Starting a HG101 article soon as well which you guys would get a good laugh out of if I said what it was on.

only having a laugh with you dude. and i can imagine what that topic is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So favourite Xbox games eh?

Final Fantasy VII !!!!

oh wait its a rhetorical question eh?

Final Fantasy VIII !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

The MLG crowd seem to like it, their Halo 3 tournaments specifically do pretty damn well. Same for the pro Starcraft crowd (*cough* fixing crontrovesy *cough*).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Mass effect 1/2
    Burnout paradise
    DIRT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Turok!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Alan Wake (Loved everything about it!)
    Gears 1 & 2
    Arkham Asylum
    Dead Space!! (I had to stop at regular intervals to calm myself down!)
    Assassins Creed 2

Although I don't like the way Activision do business, I really enjoyed the visceral feeling of the shooting mechanics in both MW1 and MW2

I hated Halo 3, didn't feel...solid or something. Very Low res textures all over the place really put me off too. Character models were also awful.

And I'm slowly getting bored of Red Dead Redemption. too much time spent on my horse, and I really don't like horses and vice versa.

Couldn't get into Mass Effect although I've tried several times, and unfortunately I have to say the same for Bioshock! I'm probably not going to get a lot of love for that, but the shooting mechanics in both of them were poor. Not that I could do any better, just sayin'!

Far Cry 2.... way too much time spent driving around. That should not be a key gameplay fixture. Also the respawning on NPC's at checkpoints was a game wrecker for me. The final firefight in the game was unnecessarily difficult I thought.... Unlike the end of Gears 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Oblivion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

While many of my favourites have already been mentioned, I gotta add Ninja Blade in there too. While it's far from perfect and a little too QTE heavy, there was just something cool about it.

Some of the boss battles were hilariously over the top too. This clip shows it best I think, skip to 4mins 50secs...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Condemed. ->Far too many pants spoiling moments to mention in public. Great game.

Need for Speed - Most wanted. -> My first game and my only 1000 points game. Loved it.

I'm not a big gamer, but loving Bioshock 2 at the moment. I completed the first one some time ago, great games too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭twilightzone

creggy wrote: »
    Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Mass effect 1/2
    Burnout paradise
    DIRT

great list, oblivion is a masterpiece. have you played dragonage origins? i felt let down by it, hoping for something better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mass Effect 1 & 2
    Oblivion
    Burnout Revenge
    Crackdown

Alan Wake (Loved everything about it!)
    Gears 1 & 2
    Arkham Asylum
    Dead Space!! (I had to stop at regular intervals to calm myself down!)
    Assassins Creed 2

Although I don't like the way Activision do business, I really enjoyed the visceral feeling of the shooting mechanics in both MW1 and MW2

I hated Halo 3, didn't feel...solid or something. Very Low res textures all over the place really put me off too. Character models were also awful.

And I'm slowly getting bored of Red Dead Redemption. too much time spent on my horse, and I really don't like horses and vice versa.

Couldn't get into Mass Effect although I've tried several times, and unfortunately I have to say the same for Bioshock! I'm probably not going to get a lot of love for that, but the shooting mechanics in both of them were poor. Not that I could do any better, just sayin'!

Far Cry 2.... way too much time spent driving around. That should not be a key gameplay fixture. Also the respawning on NPC's at checkpoints was a game wrecker for me. The final firefight in the game was unnecessarily difficult I thought.... Unlike the end of Gears 2!

superb list, alan wake was so engrossing, the gameplay was phenomenal and the characters were brilliant. gears 1+2 were excellent, particularly 2. Arkham Asylum was one of the best games of last year, along with borderlands. dead space and assassins creed 2 rule!
    in my opinion red dead redemption is one of the greatest games of our generation. as for mass effect, i loved it! bioshock is over rated, it really did nothing for me. MW1 is great MW2 is a rip off!far cry 2 i've only seen so i can't say

quad_red wrote: »
    Mass Effect 1 & 2
    Oblivion
    Burnout Revenge
    Crackdown

crackdown was the first xbox 360 game i ever got so it has a special place in my heart. great list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

Fable 2
    it was brilliant completed it 3 times

Call duty 4
    also letal

Halo
    Also brilliant

4davis7 wrote: »
    Fable 2
    it was brilliant completed it 3 times

Call duty 4
    also letal

Halo
    Also brilliant

fable 2 was great, gorgeous looking and great fun to play. cod 4 is a masterpiece of fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Mirrors edge is one of my favouirte games because of how its so unique and diffrent from other xbox games, its not worth €50 but I picked it up for €9 so I was happy. Saints row 2 so fun online with a friend messing arround especially in insurance fraud :D

Red dead was really good as well, good storyline.

creggy wrote: »
    Red dead was really good as well, good storyline.

great storyline, really grabs you and gets you hooked. have you played alan wake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

ninja gaiden 2
    gta iv (just for messing around and cheating. good relaxing game :D)

and others already mentioned like Gears and Oblivion

great storyline, really grabs you and gets you hooked. have you played alan wake?

Nah, I am meaning to get my hands on it though. Seems like a rent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

CoD2.
    GoW (the first)
    CoD2
    Crackdown
    CoD2
    Red dead

Guess which is top of my list:D, others in no particular order

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Cod 4 : modern warfare
    and right now i'm playing Lostplanet 2, which i think is underated and has alot of playablity in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

dead rising fallout 3 fable 2 dragon age orgins :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement