Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with computer connecting to Broadband

• 13-07-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

This is probably not in the right place - but I get lost in these forums.

I have a laptop and computer in the house, both connected to my eircom broadband. The laptop is connecting fine to the internet, until two weeks so was the computer.

The computer connects to the internet - maybe with a lowish signal 2/5 bars, sometimes higher. Although connected no programs can connect to the internet . I am after tinkering with it for a while - but I have no clue, why its not working when it was.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Its telling me - 'The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm guessing you're connecting wirelessly. Try using an Ethernet cable, and see if the problem is your wireless adapter, or maybe your browser/computer in some other way. Since the laptop is working, you can pretty much rule out the router/broadband as the problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did anything happen a couple of weeks ago when this started? Did you install any updates on the computer or any new antivirus programs or anything like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

jor el wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're connecting wirelessly. Try using an Ethernet cable, and see if the problem is your wireless adapter, or maybe your browser/computer in some other way. Since the laptop is working, you can pretty much rule out the router/broadband as the problem.

I used one of the Wireless Lan USB sticks to connect and still not getting through. It is definitely something within the PC itself causing the problem.
    dub45 wrote: »
    Did anything happen a couple of weeks ago when this started? Did you install any updates on the computer or any new antivirus programs or anything like that?

Nothing unusual, only the usual updates for the programs I have.

Do I uninstall programs randomly to see if that works :rolleyes:

Advertisement