Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being average - a good or a bad thing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Well, I am a shortie (5'3''), but I am not surprised at what you're saying. For example, I have always found myself attracted to tall guys first and foremost, even though guys that are of average height would physically suit me better.

I think it's partly due to evolutionary mating psychology (again!:p), but partly also because tall people do command more respect by their very presence, than short people do. I went on a date with a short guy a while ago; he was funny, witty, good-looking and apparently confident yet I sensed that there was a lack of confidence there, his body language was just a tiny bit "off".

One of my exes is a tall guy, and although he is a kind of a generally uninvolved chancer/slacker type of person (or "laid-back":D), I have seen him being given more deference, by both men and women, in certain situations than would have been needed or, indeed, desired by him. Height is the key, IMO.

Advertisement