Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buttevant Main St

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I passed through Buttevant an hour ago and there are streams of rubbish on both sides of the street. I can only presume this is from the horse fair over the weekend. Its a full two days since it finished now and it looks really bad. What are the council playing at?

Comments

The fair was on Monday - it's July 12th every year. Also - the council didn't put the rubbish there. Littering is an offence, and we're way too soft on the perpetrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I think what they've done with the road is incredible. They're obviously going to bid to be the location for the filming of the new Apollo 13 remake with all the natural craters they've got up there.

It's fairly bad alright. I think the logic is "Wait for the bypass to be built and take the heavy traffic away- we'll fix it then and it'll last another 50 years."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kenzi

And when the Motorway comes(whenever that comes) it will be worse because there will be more of that crowd at it and it will be worse

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

grenache wrote: »
    I passed through Buttevant an hour ago and there are streams of rubbish on both sides of the street. I can only presume this is from the horse fair over the weekend. Its a full two days since it finished now and it looks really bad. What are the council playing at?

Went through there Tuesday morning, complete mess - by Thursday they were still at it. I agree, they are way too soft on them - you couldn't see the footpath with the rubbish Tuesday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Unahereiam

i passed through buttevant today - horsefair on. Buttevant is a ****hole, i hate the damn place, such a dump. Took me 1.5 hours, so pissed off

I had to do the Doneraile detour twice this morning (coming and going). Wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the 20-mile-per-hour maniacs.

That's a lot of bile for Buttevant there Unahereiam. You regged an account and dug up a 2 year old thread to post that - you must really hate the place :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement