Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC Question

Options
  • 13-07-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

I bought GH: Greatest Hits last week to jam on some of the old tunes from the first game. Mainly for ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man, and Megadeth's Shymphony Of Destruction. I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment when I realized these tracks weren't on the disc. So I thought I'd check the DLC to see if I could get them there instead.
    At the time there was a sale on GH and Rock Band DLC tracks. I noticed Megadeth's full Peace Sells... But Who's buying album, a lot of Metallica, Slipknot, and Disturbed tracks are available as DLC for Rock Band. This is much more my style than jamming on The Donnas, and stuff like that. So I'm thinking of picking up a second hand Rock Band disc to download some of these tracks.

So the question is: Will my GH contoller work with a Rock Band game?
    Also, which Rock Band disc would I have to buy in order to download the bands that I've mentioned, and ones similar to them.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You should think of Rock Band as a platform. Rock Band 2 is the current "main base" as it was. EVERY OTHER ROCK BAND GAME (except Beatles: Rock Band) can be exported to your hard drive and thus played in RB2. All DLC works in RB and RB2, while only some of it works in Lego: Rock Band.

As for your guitar, as it says in the stickied FAQ thread at the top of this forum, your guitar will work in Rock Band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

deathrider wrote: »
    Megadeth's Shymphony Of Destruction.

This is one I want for rock band!!!!!!!! No that horrible cover from Guitar hero :mad:

Any way as onion said get rock band 2 it will work with your kit, RB1 will work aswell but RB 2 is newer and is a much better game in it's own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dead on, lads. Cheers for the info. I'll grab Rock band 2 when I've got a few quid to spare, and stock up on some good DLC. I'm looking forward to jamming on the likes of Devil's Island, and Blackened.

Cheers again.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

calex71 wrote: »
    This is one I want for rock band!!!!!!!! No that horrible cover from Guitar hero :mad:

Any way as onion said get rock band 2 it will work with your kit, RB1 will work aswell but RB 2 is newer and is a much better game in it's own right.
    Are you kidding? I <3 that cover :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Are you kidding? I <3 that cover :D

Just the vocals I have no love for :(

One of my favorites to play though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement