Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OFP and Fraud

• 13-07-2010 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I need to get some advice. I know a person who is claiming OFP. She gets maintenance from the fathers of her two children - nothing wrong with that. She lives in a house that was provided by the council some years back and pays very little rent. She let it slip through careful questioning that prior to getting this house, she was living in her parents house with her first child and the father of her second child while pregnant. She admitted freely that she was claiming OFP and say's that she was allowed to claim OFP as her new partner was not the father of her first child. When the second child was born she got a council house.

She is now practically living with her new partner (who's not the father of any of her kids) and she is still claiming OFP. Her new partner who she's been going out with for 2 years works in the city, hes got a profession, and he stay's with her and the kids every weekend, day's that he doesnt work, every bank holiday, festive periods (xmas, easter, new year) and the family also goes away on hols together. They are also known around the area as a couple.

So for all likes and purposes I would think they are cohabitating and she's not entitled to OFP - would I be correct?

Can the welfare identify who this person is from her name, town where she lives, her date of birth, and her childrens names. I think its very odd that they even lied about her exact address.

I dont want to be butting in - but it completely gauls me to see this person still getting away with completely screwing the system because its the genuine claimants and all taxpayers who suffer in the end. I often wonder why her neighbours dont report her:confused:!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

She is allowed to have a partner, she is even allowed to have him "sleep over" sometimes. If he lives there the majority of the week that is cohabiting, otherwise it's all above board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Xiney wrote: »
    She is allowed to have a partner, she is even allowed to have him "sleep over" sometimes. If he lives there the majority of the week that is cohabiting, otherwise it's all above board.

As Xiney stated you are allowed to have a partner - be it the father of your children or not, but if he stays over for most of the week it could be considered cohabiting.
    If you wanted to report it and have it investigated have a look at the following link to find out how: https://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/reportfraud.aspx

Advertisement