Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast to Carrick-a-rede

Options
  • 14-07-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

How long would it take to drive from Belfast to Carrick-a-rede?

Thanks,
    Martin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

I'd leave about 90mins to be on the safe side, depending on what part of Belfast your starting from also.

Fairly clearcut route though - M2 to Antrim, A26 to Ballymena, round the bypass and straight on up Frosses Road to the Ballycastle Rd junction. There are also major roadworks at Ballymena at the mo but you should fly past as long as its not rush hour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

About 1 hour on the the motorway which passes ballymeana, ballymoney and then onto coleraine, it won't take long as its jule carriage way nearly the whole way upto ballymoney, the time i went last week there was barely any traffic.

I'd leave about 90mins to be on the safe side, depending on what part of Belfast your starting from also.

Fairly clearcut route though - M2 to Antrim, A26 to Ballymena, round the bypass and straight on up Frosses Road to the Ballycastle Rd junction. There are also major roadworks at Ballymena at the mo but you should fly past as long as its not rush hour.

I don't think the frosses road leads to the ballycastle road, it comes out by the hospital! It dosen't matter though, just go around the roundabout past asda and then out down the ring road until you see a sign for bushmills, i think its the second turn off, and then head off out that road by priestlands and then follow the signs from bushmills to the carrick a rede bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

owenc wrote: »
    I don't think the frosses road leads to the ballycastle road, it comes out by the hospital! It dosen't matter though, just go around the roundabout past asda and then out down the ring road until you see a sign for bushmills, i think its the second turn off, and then head off out that road by priestlands and then follow the signs from bushmills to the carrick a rede bridge.

You're describing a route via Coleraine - the most direct route is Ballymena - Armoy-Ballycastle-Carrick-a-Rede. When I said Ballycastle road I meant the road to Ballycastle (A44) - not Ballycastle Road in Coleraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Thanks for the info :D

• Advertisement

You're describing a route via Coleraine - the most direct route is Ballymena - Armoy-Ballycastle-Carrick-a-Rede. When I said Ballycastle road I meant the road to Ballycastle (A44) - not Ballycastle Road in Coleraine.

Sorry lol forgot about the turn off to ballycastle and i just drove by that a couple of weeks..:rolleyes:

Advertisement