Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing goats cheese...

Options
  • 14-07-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

I bought some Goats cheese, it's from Tipperary but can't remember the name but begins with C... I think.

I remember trying it in the Peoples Park in Dun Laoghaire and it was very warm out. The cheese was gooey but the guy said it was perfect temperature to serve goats cheese.

So I'm wondering if it should be in a fridge or out in room temperature?

It's nice cheese... considering that I wasn't a fan of goats cheese before trying this one.

At the moment, the packaging is open and on the kitchen table.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Store in the fridge - maybe wrapped in foil - but allow to come to room temp to serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Hey,

While we're on the topic of goats cheese, when stored in the fridge, how long does it last on average? I usually can tell when cheese is off from smell/taste but I'm not too familiar with goats cheese so I'd like some advice on it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If it's all dried up it won't be very nice.
    If it's all blue/green and furry, it's probably off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Magic Beans

Peronally I'd keep it in the fridge like any other cheese but take some of it out about an hour before eating to allow it to come to room temperature. Only take out as much as you are going to eat and eat it all or bin it. I wouldn't be happy putting softened cheese back in the fridge.

Advertisement