Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Customers Website

Options
  • 14-07-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Been asked to do a few websites for people over the last few weeks and have included registering the domain name and hosting as part of the overall cost for the deisgn and first year.

i currently have a few of my own sites and have to log into the control panel of my hosting company and then go into my emails through it. is there any way or any company that supply a hosting package where a customer can check their email accounts with havin to log into the main hosting control panel?

and advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

is there any way or any company that supply a hosting package where a customer can check their email accounts with havin to log into the main hosting control panel?

I'd be surprised if the hosting company didn't offer POP3 access, which would be the norm for accessing emails.

Webmail is meant for occasional access only - e.g. while you're on holidays or whatever - and even then the new generation of SmartPhones are making that obsolete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

thanks for the quick reply. how do i set that up?

i got thunderbird email client and tried setting up the account on there but no luck. just said it could access the email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

thanks for the quick reply. how do i set that up?

i got thunderbird email client and tried setting up the account on there but no luck. just said it could access the email account.

It'll vary depending on the hosting company, which means discussing it too much is off limits.

Check for "Email" or "POP3" settings within each domain......it's normally near wherever you set up the actual email accounts themselves.

Failing that, send an email to the hosting company and ask them where to view the settings for each domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭businessboy

thanks for that.

ill get onto them first thing tmrw. ill keep ya posted anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

If you want to be successful, in hosting and stuff, just get a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server).

In those you get full control over what you host, so you could even provide things like FTP (for storing stuff) EMAIL and plenty of other stuff.

Ofcourse the price isn't small, but it is a very good start :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement