Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats happening with the High Stool

• 14-07-2010 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I was passing the high Stool today and noticed it was painted in the last week any ideas whats going to be done with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

DesQ2 wrote: »
    I was passing the high Stool today and noticed it was painted in the last week any ideas whats going to be done with it?

It's being tidied up so it doesn't look a mess????

There are plans to knock it and half the block behind it, so I can only presume that the above is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Why paint it before knocking it?

- Paint aint cheap or easy to apply and wrecking ball Merchants aren't usually so "lets do a neat make-over" on their targets!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I wasn't a poorly applied beige colour by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I wasn't a poorly applied beige colour by any chance?

Fcuk - My house is beige? Does that mean its liable to be levelled too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

There are reserved for client signs on it, they've been there a while so wouldn't take much noticve of that however, maybe if there was a "um missable development opportunity" one it might create some interest.

The windows had been broken etc so was really going down hill.

Anyways good to see it clean and tidy along wit the new coffee shop next door to it.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Raiser wrote: »
    Fcuk - My house is beige? Does that mean its liable to be levelled too :eek:

Did you get The Tagging Avengers to paint your house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

There are reserved for client signs on it, they've been there a while so wouldn't take much noticve of that however, maybe if there was a "um missable development opportunity" one it might create some interest.

The windows had been broken etc so was really going down hill.

Anyways good to see it clean and tidy along wit the new coffee shop next door to it.

Ken

True and given the current economic climate, the work is not going ahead, hence the paint job, to keep the neighbours happy until they get around to knocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

They'd be better off dousing it in Holy Water and salt before burning it - the evil might remain if they simply knock it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

they've been there a while
    A while? Try 4 or 5 years. The place is one of the biggest eyesores in Limerick, as is a lot of Catherine St it has to be said. Levelling it would be the best course of action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

According to the planning application there are "plans" to knock most of the buildings but keep the fronts of 35, 36 & 37. I think the High Stool was 38 - 41. I really can't see any off it happening for a while though.
    construct six floors of commercial accommodation consisting of; offices, retail at street level, 3 levels of basement car parking 110 car parking spaces and associated site works in connection with the proposed development. This includes the demolition of numbers 34,35,36,37,38,39,40 & 41 Catherine Street along with the buildings to the rear of these properties including the former Limerick Leader facilities. The facades of 35, 36 & 37 (35 & 37 are proposed protected structures) will be retained and restored to their original state.

Source - search for planning number 081.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

bring back the stool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

zuroph wrote: »
    bring back the stool.

Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Bring back cheers although i'm bloody Tangos going age now.

Desmond Arms, Leo Shine or Noel Moore on a Saturday night and sneaking up the back stairs to Cheers.

Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Bring back cheers although i'm bloody Tangos going age now.

Desmond Arms, Leo Shine or Noel Moore on a Saturday night and sneaking up the back stairs to Cheers.

Happy days.

Ah yes.. i just about caught the end of these days.. great place for an underage lad to get smashed on 2 beers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

The rear went on fire a couple of weeks ago. That probably drew some attention from the City Council. The owners were told to clean it up or else. The proposed development went the way of the Opera Centre after the bank crash.

Advertisement