Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless troll or drone reciever?

• 14-07-2010 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

anyone know of anything that would set up a wireless network and act as a hub/troll for what your doing. to be used as a medium for using your tv as your desktop.

i don't even how to phrase the bloody thing so i can't find anything like it online.
    all helps appreciated.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

up'Chuck wrote: »
    anyone know of anything that would set up a wireless network and act as a hub/troll for what your doing. to be used as a medium for using your tv as your desktop.

i don't even how to phrase the bloody thing so i can't find anything like it online.
    all helps appreciated.

cheers.

You want to use your TV as a computer screen ?
    Simplest solution, connect them both with a long VGA cable.
    Wireless solution, newer TV's support DLNA which can be used for screen sharing.

Haven't done it myself, but imagine you have to
    1) your TV have a wireless adapter and in the TV setup there should be a configuration page to connect to your wireless router. Entering the SSID (your network name), password, etc.

2) Install the corresponding DLNA software that came with your TV.

3) Follow instructions from your specific T provider from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

unfortunatley the tv is an oldish model and doesn't have wireless. but it does have usb slots. the laptop isn't vga supported either, it's a mini notebook.

is there anything that could be plugged in the usb or the vga. again, wireless troll reciever sort of gadget.

Advertisement