Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help regarding postgrad psychology courses

• 14-07-2010 3:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping someone who knows more about this can help me out, I've been on various websites but not a hundred percent sure what I'm looking for.

Basically, I'm a secondary school teacher, so I have an Arts degree and an HDipEd. I would love to get into the field of educational psychology and have some questions.

Firstly, do I need to do a 4 year degree in psychology before I apply for any educational psychology course? Some colleges have a conversion course, called a HDip in Psychology, would that be the same thing?

And secondly, does anyone know of a part time course, or have details of how long, how much, etc?

If anyone has gone down this path I would love to hear from them.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Some starters would be the Open University, they are no longer offering their HDip in Ireland but still offer their BSc. DSB have a BA that can be done part time, they also have a H Dip however the H Dip is new, I think it's first students will graduate this year however, as it's a new course it's not as yet acredited by the PSI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 manchegaman

Mary I have a new Educational Psychology course. Probably closed for September intake.
    Check postgradireland.com or ie for details

Also try Psychologist Society of Ireland

I'm no Psychologist but have been looking out for courses for my girlfriend in this area also. Do a search in google too

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Thanks for the replies. Manchegaman, with what institution is your course? Also, thanks for clarifying about the DBS course, its just 2 years part-time then? The website was not very clear about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Not 100% about DBS but yes I think it can be done over three evenings a week over two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

bearhugs wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Manchegaman, with what institution is your course? Also, thanks for clarifying about the DBS course, its just 2 years part-time then? The website was not very clear about that.

Thread about DBS H.Dip:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055851105

• Advertisement
Advertisement