Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free sky mobile tv for sky sports subscribers

• 14-07-2010 4:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up on a decent sky offer for those with iPhones or ipads.

From Friday if you subscribe to or are subscribed to sky sports 1 & 2 you can get sky mobile tv on the iPhone for free til the end of the year!

Pretty decent, as it'll give you a little more out of your sky sports subscription.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Is it 'proper' sky sports, like as it happens?

Is it just restricted to iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The offer is advertised in latest skymag-free live sport on skyplayer for sky sports subscribers until end of the year:D

Can you just get sky on your mobile without a TV sub ? I was thinking about doing that as i can hook mine up to the TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Can you just get sky on your mobile without a TV sub ? I was thinking about doing that as i can hook mine up to the TV

Quality would be brutal as its optimised for phones and it would use huge bandwidth

Can you just get sky on your mobile without a TV sub ?

Unfortunately no-a sky sports sub is needed to watch live sport. It works like multiroom and is dependant on what package you subscribe to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Not true - had it last year - think it was €8 for the month (had no Sky sports subscription).

Quality was excellent - no lag, worked fine on wifi and 3G.
    There is a restiriction with the App that prevents it working when hooked up to a tv (it can be done with a jailbroken phone though).
    zerks wrote: »
    Unfortunately no-a sky sports sub is needed to watch live sport. It works like multiroom and is dependant on what package you subscribe to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Quality is fine, and you get more or less 90%+ of what Sky Sports has but I think the subscription cost is €54 a month if you don't have a TV subscription, EDIT but I think thats for iPad, it doesn't say about a non-Sky Sports subscriber for iPhone so maybe just the regular €7

How much does a subscription to Sky Mobile TV on the iPad cost?

To sign-up to Sky Mobile TV on the iPad you will require a separate subscription to the iPhone/iPod touch.

£6(UK)/€7 ROI) per month - available only to Sky customers with a subscription to the Sky Sports Pack (either via Sky TV or via Sky Player) who have redeemed their 3 months free promotional code. You must sign-up to the 3-month free promotion in order to be recognised for this price point.

£35(UK)/€54(ROI) per month - all non-Sky and Sky customers who do not have a Sky Sports pack subscription.

How much does a subscription to Sky Mobile TV on the iPhone/iPod touch cost?

Subscription to the service on the iPhone/iPod touch costs just £6 per month (UK Customers) or €7 per month (ROI Customers).

Not true - had it last year - think it was €8 for the month (had no Sky sports subscription).

The op was referring to the current promotion sky are running and that was what I was referring to-read the first post again KeithD99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just bought it for €7 and it's flawless over wireless at home :)
    Trying now to get it to work on the tv with the iphone component cable..so far sound but no pic :(
    And I used my home address to set up a sky id and it was easy peasy :D
    In fairness €7 a month for sky sports on your iphone is a steal..

apparently the apple cable only allows the apple apps to stream to the tv..lousy bastards...definitely a reason now to jailbreak it and use tvout if it supports iphone 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    just bought it for €7 and it's flawless over wireless at home :)
    Trying now to get it to work on the tv with the iphone component cable..so far sound but no pic :(
    And I used my home address to set up a sky id and it was easy peasy :D
    In fairness €7 a month for sky sports on your iphone is a steal..

apparently the apple cable only allows the apple apps to stream to the tv..lousy bastards...definitely a reason now to jailbreak it and use tvout if it supports iphone 4

The picture will be no good going from the phone to the TV. You would be better off with the PC based Sky Player which is probably covered under the same fee and will be optimised for the resolution as best as possible.

I think€7 eur per month is ridiculously expensive for an app that also uses up your data bundle in jig time. Watch out for extra data charges when you go over if you use this in any volume,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Greds

With an average of say 15 hours per week how much data is that likely to use up?

Heads up to anyone who has this app.

You have to unsubscribe from Sky Mobile TV before the start of next week otherwise you'll be charged €6 or €7 per month from the 10th of January, and you actually have to unsubscribe (deleting the app doesn't constitute unsubscribing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Heads up to anyone who has this app.

You have to unsubscribe from Sky Mobile TV before the start of next week otherwise you'll be charged €6 or €7 per month from the 10th of January, and you actually have to unsubscribe (deleting the app doesn't constitute unsubscribing).

Bump, I just Unsubed there. I thought they were supposed to send out an e-mail to remind you to Unsub.

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Bump, I just Unsubed there. I thought they were supposed to send out an e-mail to remind you to Unsub.

In an ideal world they would! I would imagine they'll catch a lot of people off guard with this months payment, and by the time the bill arrives and they realise it they'll be a week or so into next month, ie full payment, so they'll make a few quid off not telling people anyway!

Advertisement