Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need someone to do a small bit of welding

• 14-07-2010 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

I need someone to weld 2 very small pieces of metal for me. Im in Limerick city. The metal is the petrol flap door on a car, the hinges broke. Very easy to weld id say about the size of a finger nail.
    The flap will be off the car so no danger of welding near the fuel tank.
    Anyone help me out?
    Pm me, i'll pay a few quid but id say its only 5 mins work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

cullen5998 wrote: »
    I need someone to weld 2 very small pieces of metal for me. Im in Limerick city. The metal is the petrol flap door on a car, the hinges broke. Very easy to weld id say about the size of a finger nail.
    The flap will be off the car so no danger of welding near the fuel tank.
    Anyone help me out?
    Pm me, i'll pay a few quid but id say its only 5 mins work.

easy but little messy job, will have to grind the paint off etc on inside and i would imagine the heat will prob go through to the other side if its on the flat so will prob have to be re sprayed. there's a guy I know keith with a body shop that would prob do it ...

pm me and I'll send ya on his number.

Best of luck

ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Never though of Kens point re. heat damaging paint on reverse....

Possibility of getting a match in a Scrapyard?

- I know this might be the last thing you'd want to do cause of matching paint, but I know on my own it would prob be fine with a bit of a T-Cut and waxing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

try bobby sweeneys out in castleconnell, he has so many cars out there now hes bound to have a cheaper match than getting it welded...theres also one out in ballysheedy...turn left at the junction where the pub is...about a mile up on the rite hand side...also a large site so bound to be some luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Theres alao a guy at the back of the old Maddens dairy in Moyross that dose a bit of welding.

Advertisement