Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 17 inch Laptop A Little Help Anyone

Options
  • 14-07-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey I need help I want to buy A Samsung Laptop latest processor and 17 inch screen.

And want too buy it up the north aka its cheaper up there.

I need help finding the right model I want it too watch films and play music and use the internet.

Can some one help me pick out the right model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

How about this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-notebook-Pentium-DVDSMDL-Premium/dp/tech-data/B003EESWEA/ref=de_a_smtd

Has HDMI out - processor is dual core intel - not the latest however its arguable as to whether you get much extra benefit for 200 sterling extra i.e.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-notebook-i5-430M-500Gb-Premium/dp/B003EJR69M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279204538&sr=8-3

Both these prices are cheaper that the currys uk website - so I'm not sure if you get much benefit from a trip up north (seeing as how you get free delivery with amazon)

The other option is bricks and mortar in the south - to be honest the prices aren't that off the uk prices.

For example you can get
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5082597/Trail/searchtext%3ESAMSUNG+LAPTOP.htm

for 900 euro which is about 750 sterling.

If something goes wrong with it (for the sake of an extra couple of euro) you might be better off shopping in the republic :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Any particular reason you want a samsung?

You can get a 17'' Core i3 Dell Inspiron for under €600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

too be totally honest I would take any laptop thats a 17inch.

My Mate is saying there is two types of i3 processors one bad one one good one.

He said best go for the i5 cause its the best.

samsung seem too be the best price for a 17inch.

someone told me they got a acer 16 and a half inch for 600 in havey norman I;d settle for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭icrusader

i bought 2 i3 laptops a month ago one from dell and one from amazon which is a sony vaio vpceb1soe and we are very pleased with both but i would say that while both have more or less the same specs the dell was better build quality
    go for the dell studio 17 and look for dell voucher codes online before you buy .
    we got a dell studio 17 with i3 processor and a 1gb gaphics card 500gb hard drive and 2 gigs of ram for 529 plus 25 odd postage. the i3 i believe is dual core processor while i5 or above are true quad core meaning there are 4 processing cores on the one proccessor chip which means you can do many different things at once without the laptop crashing. both laptops are fast and you can play movies or surf the net on your big lcd using the hdmi cable.

Advertisement