Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Nitrile Gloves

Options
  • 14-07-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone here knows of a shop in town or in Ireland that sell Black Nitrile Gloves. I haven't been able to find anything on google myself. Was only really finding results from the US and I don't want to order anything from oversees considering I only want one box.
    I've seen Tattoo artists wearing Black nitrile gloves before and was curious if anyone here knows where to get them.

Cheers,

MadMardegan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hi, I'm not really any use to you for the gloves, but just wanted to say I love the username :D

I ♥ Willow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

Hi, I'm not really any use to you for the gloves, but just wanted to say I love the username :D

I ♥ Willow! :D

Ha, no problem man.

It's the only username I've ever used online and it's not once been taken :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Oink wrote: »

That looks pretty promising.

Thanks man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I used to get my panthera's from a parlour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I don't know if they have black ones but they certainly have both rubber and blue nitrile gloves in this place:http://www.murrays.ie/retail.html, 20 - 21 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Why do you even want black??

I get the blue ones from the lad that supplies the job for 3.99 a box--If I buy 1000 gloves (10 boxes of 10) I get them for 3.49.

Black ones from a "Tattoo shop supplier" cost 10 euros.

You`d be nuts to pay an extra 6 euro because of the colour.

I should have also said that latex is white for a reason.Mainly because white shows up contaminants like blood easier and medical staff use white because its easier to see "needle stick" injuries if they happen and can be attended to quicker.Likewise with blue/green.

With black gloves its almost impossible to see blood on them. If you did happen to get a needle stick injury you may not ever see it until its too late to properly cleanse it.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Why do you even want black??

I get the blue ones from the lad that supplies the job for 3.99 a box--If I buy 1000 gloves (10 boxes of 10) I get them for 3.49.

Black ones from a "Tattoo shop supplier" cost 10 euros.

You`d be nuts to pay an extra 6 euro because of the colour.

I should have also said that latex is white for a reason.Mainly because white shows up contaminants like blood easier and medical staff use white because its easier to see "needle stick" injuries if they happen and can be attended to quicker.Likewise with blue/green.

With black gloves its almost impossible to see blood on them. If you did happen to get a needle stick injury you may not ever see it until its too late to properly cleanse it.

They're not intended for EMS use at all.

A friend of mine just asked if I could get them Black Nitrile Gloves. For what reason? I've no idea but I said I'd try and get them anyway.

I use Blue Nitriles myself for patient care of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

They're not intended for EMS use at all.

A friend of mine just asked if I could get them Black Nitrile Gloves. For what reason? I've no idea but I said I'd try and get them anyway.

Best not ask, probably something kinky!:p

Reku wrote: »
    Best not ask, probably something kinky!:p

Hahah you're probably onto somethere there bud

• Advertisement
Advertisement