Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat?

• 14-07-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

:eek:Anyone repeating?
    Where and how do you feel about it?
    I could kick myself over the time i wasted this year! But, in a way the leaving has matured me to look at it and think - right, study! trouble is, its too late so i gottaa repeat.
    Thing is ,im ashamed. My friend meet me the other day ,first time we'd seen eachother since that horrible week. she went on bou how shes CONVINCED she got this and that. I felt so ashamed. That i have to do it again. Like i just didnt get it. Ive always been one to have to do things twice. Sitting listening to her made me feel like a tool.
    The upside - Another shot
    The downside - ill be 20 finishing it, ill watch friends go on with their lives, moving past me. And, my parents wont be too in favour of it.
    Anyone else out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

I'm in the same boat as you!
    Spent most of last year in denial, living vicariously through TV characters on Surf the Channel, and only realized the importance of study when the exams hit. :rolleyes:
    The mocks lulled me into a false sense of security because my teachers made sure to revise all of the topics which came up beforehand, meaning that I did quite well, but it wasn't a true indication of how I was set for the real thing.

Like you, I'll be 20 after I repeat.
    Sadly, my only option will be to repeat in my old school with people up to two/three years younger than me who have all formed tight little cliques. Not fun. Not fun at all.
    The worst part is knowing that it would have been so easy to do it all properly this year, had I only copped on early enough. ><
    Back to the daily grind, eh?

But then again, maybe we could be in for a surprise in August and might have fluked enough points to get in somewhere? Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

I'm thinking about repeating too! I really want to get one of my top 3, but as they're all around 500 and over I don't see that happening! I went through the year thinking "sure I'll be grand, no point stressing over it" and only started studying in the last 2 weeks.

Age isn't a problem for me-I'm 17 and won't be 18 until the end of March. My family would actually prefer if I repeat because they think I'm too young to leave home.

Fingers crossed I've gotten the points, but in all honesty I think the exams were a disaster for me. We'll see in August!

Advertisement