Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Wyse" the Managament company

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was wondering where should we contact for help, is there anyone besides a solicitor, that you can contact, if you're not happy with your managament company?

I've been living in my area for 3 years (thats €3000 that i've paid to them) and they've only changed soil and planted plants in the first year. The plants died out after the first year, and the soil is completely hard.

I've called them up to ask where the money goes to, and all they say is "Insurance" or "Electricity bills for the estate". Then they started saying that they spend the money around major areas (like fields) and cut grass etc. But never do anything around our area.

They said they will plant stuff, in October which is when we have to pay another €1000... :confused:

Any ideas? I think this company is absolutely rubbish. I mean, our estate was serviced by some other company before, and atleast they changed soil and planted plants...

The most funny thing is they don't allow ourselves to change the soil and plant plants

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hmmm not too sure, but maybe you could bring this up in the consumer Issue's forum.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The person or company that has the contract with Wyse would be the people to talk to.

Do you pay your money to a residents organisation, or straight to Wyse? Wyse are only a contrator i guess, so if they aren't doing what they are paid to do, then the people who pay them need to sort it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Deep breath.

In private multi-unit developments (apartment buildings, gated communities, etc.) the common areas (lifts, corridors, green spaces, maybe even roadways) are owned and leased out by a management company. Each property owner in such a development has a lease from the management company and each property owner is a member of said management company.

A management company will usually appoint a managing agent, a company or individual, to look after day-to-day running and maintenance (grass cutting, planting, painting corridors / exterior walls on apartment buildings, maybe rubbish collection, collecting fees, etc.)

The management agent may appoint one or more contractors, again companies or individuals, to undertake certain work, on a once-off or fixed-term contract basis.

"... is there anyone besides a solicitor, that you can contact, if you're not happy with your managament company?"

It seems from your post you actually mean the managing agent for your development or their contractors and not the management company.

If you take legal action against the management company, essentially you are taking legal action against yourself.

Do you attend the AGM and do you get a copy of the budget? Do you vote at the AGM? Do you know the value of your development's sinking-fund? Do you know the directors of your management company?

I suggest you address your concerns initially to the managing agent and if you fail to get a satisfactory outcome, write to the directors of the management company. Dig out the lease you got when you purchased your property, it'll explain a lot, including the limitations to what you can do and identifying the management company for your development.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

A lot of these management companies are having difficulties in paying the bills due to people not paying service charges.

This is particularily the case in a development which is not primarily owner occupied. If i were you op i'd contact the directors of your management company and ask for a copy of the accounts. That will show you the service charge arrears in the development.

Advertisement