Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to an advance screening of Toy Story 3 thanks to Barnardos

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

We've linked up with Disney Movies Ireland and Barnardos, Ireland's leading Children's Charity for a great Toy Story 3 competition.

47028%20TS3%20Hotpress%20FP%20BIG.jpg

A bit more about Barnardos:
    barnlogo_sm.jpg

Right now in over 40 centres all over Ireland, Barnardos project workers are supporting thousands of children and families. Many of the children they help are the victims of poverty, disadvantage, neglect and abuse. Helping and protecting children is Barnardos mission. Barnardos refuses to let them down

Helping and protecting children is our mission. The reason we exist. Barnardos refuses to let them down, but we need your help to keep our projects going.

Find out more about us on our website or on our Facebook page

image6.jpg
    TOY STORY 3 (L-R) Bullseye, Mr. Potato Head, Mrs. Potato Head, Jessie, Hamm, Barbie, Woody, Rex, Slinky Dog, Buzz Lightyear, Aliens ©Disney/Pixar. All Rights Reserved.

To help Barnardos, Disney are also hosting an exclusive preview screening of Toy Story 3 on July 18 at 11am in the Dundrum Town Centre.

image7.jpg

Children’s toy store Hamleys will be on hand to provide entertainment for all the kids as well as kindly donating Toy Story 3 toys as amazing spot prizes on the day. Those attending will get the chance to enjoy the film before it's released in Ireland AND to help Barnardos too.

All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning tickets is post below with your favourite character from any of the Toy Story movies and why. Please also post if you'd like 2 or 4 tickets - we'd like to see families go too!

Be quick - these tickets will go quickly! There'll be reviews of the film in our Film Review forum too!

Winners will be announced on Friday Morning, 16 July.

Big thanks to Disney Ireland and Barnardos for the competition.

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 irishstu

Baby Face (the spider baby) Spider babies Ted!

2 tickets please!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mr Potato Head. Purely for this quote from Toy Story 1:
    Mr. Potato Head: How come *you* don't have a laser, Woody?
    Woody: It's not a laser. It's...
    [sighs in frustration]
    Woody: It's a little light bulb that blinks.
    Hamm: What's wrong with him?
    Mr. Potato Head: Laser envy.

2 tickets if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OH god my favourite bestest toy story buddy has to be the astronaut one Buzzoff lightyear cos he's just the best and always saves the day! ANd would love a family ticket please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 darkdiver

Stinky Pete with the pick axe - grumpy Frasier-voiced loon. Excellent.

4 tickets if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I already love Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear. He has his own great 80s toy commercial and he lives in Sunnyside, which is the name of the place I live too!

/Two tickets is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

What an excellent competition!! :)

Ok for me my favourite character has got to be Mr. Potato Head. He has an amazing sense of humour (Picasso springs to mind, "You uncultured swine!") even though he's always the one that gets broken to pieces!

Would love 4 tickets to see the movie! For Myself, Wife, Daughter and Niece!

Thanks! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Mr potato head!! He just cracks me up when all the pieces on his head come flying off!!
    4 tickets would be excellent but i dont mind just 2!! Thanks boards.ie, Disney Movies Ireland and Barnardos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mr Potato Head! My doppleganger (apparently)
    2 pls

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ihastakephoto

oblivious buzz :o) I'd love 4 tickets :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 6av1n

My favourite has to be Hamm, brings me back to John Ratzenberger in his Cheers days.

4 Tickets would be great for a Mum, Dad and 9 year old Son with a friend (if 3 isn't an option!!)

Fingers Crossed.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

My favourite toy is Slinky Dog because he reminds me of my slinky toy as a kid! (two tickets please!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hamm, for his wisecrack comments and his homage to Cliff Claven

While 4 tix would be nice, 2 would suffice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brogen

I just love the aliens. Their constant surprise and wonder at the outside world, as well as their unwavering love of The Claw (and later Buzz) is hilarious and very cute.

One ticket would make me happy. 2 would make me ecstatic.

Thanks boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Oh The soldiers for the "Bucket of Soldiers". The Recce Mission to see Andy's Presents in Toy story 1 was an absolute Blast (Pardon the pun!). 4 tickets please! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have been told that my son's favorites are Woody and Buzz as they are both explorers going to places that no one had gone before and cool.
    And the little helpful 3 eyes aliens are my daugthers.
    Mine would be Rex he's such a considerate dino.

and we would like 4 tickets please.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Ah, it's got to be Rex - gave me so many laughs from the first 2 films.

Would love 4 tickets so I could bring my 2 nephews to it! If I only brought 1 of them, there'd be war!!! :D

Cheers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭filmfan

Buzz: especially for this conversation, the last line makes me laugh out loud every single time:

Buzz: What's going on?
    Woody: Nothing that concerns you Space Rangers. Just us toys.
    Buzz: I'd better have a look anyway.
    [he looks through Lenny the binoculars]
    Buzz: Why is that soldier strapped to an explosive device?
    Woody: [moves Lenny] That's why. Sid.
    Buzz: [seeing a dog] Sure is a hairy fella...
    Woody: [re-moving the binoculars] No, no. That's Scud, you idiot. That's Sid.
    Buzz: [Sid is laughing maniacally] You mean that happy child?

Three tickets for myself, my partner and my mam, we've had a very hard time lately with a family member passing away and a good laugh would do us all the world of good

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

my favourite is mr potato head because every time something happens to the toys, he gets the worst treatment with his body parts rearranged or lost

2 tickets please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Without a doubt, Rex. I love T-rex's :P Jurassic Park ftw.

He's so stupid and a scardey cat :pac: Wallace Shawn does a great voice. 4 please. Plan on bringing niece along!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hamm - he just keeps a sense of perspective when everything is going to hell around them: "Oh, I seriously doubt he's getting this kind of mileage" (when Buzz is driving a pizza truck and he's reading the driver's log). And he's quick to jump into action: "You heard of Kung Fu? Well prepare yourself for pork chop!" What's not to love?!

2 tickets please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

Buzzzzzzz defo, he is brilliant.

2 tickets please?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

I would love 4 tickets!!

My family's favourite character is definetly woody- he's like part of the family!!! He has been my favourite from since I was young, he was my younger brothers favourite since he was a baby and now my baby brother and sister are woody freaks!! i would love to take the three of them to see it with me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

My favoutire is the Aliens. I giggle EVERY time they say "OOOOOOOOOOOO" or "The Claw is my Master" or....the one I hope I will be saying when you announce the winners........
    "I have been Choosen"!!
    I would love 4 tickets if possible...Sunday is my nephews birthday and I would be the best auntie EVER if he got to see Toy Story 3 before his friends!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Favourite charactor has to be Rex: He is so cowardly but has his brave moments

"What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!"

"And I'm from Mattel. Well, I'm not really from Mattel, I'm actually from a smaller company that was purchased by Mattel in a leveraged buyout."

Runner up would be the aliens. "OoooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOO"

2 tickets please, but I will take 4 if there are extra going

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Rex!!

Reminds me how difficult life could have been for dinosaurs had they
    stayed around

"But look at my little arms!! I can't press the fire button and the jump button at the same time!!"

Three tickets please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Love sid he is just so unremittingly evil!4 tickets if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hooterstown30

I like Mr potato head and the army men and little bo peep.

I would love 4 two bring my two boys

Thanks
    Ds:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SocialWarfare

Buzz is the greatest, I actually bought the figure at age 19:o
    To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!

4tickets please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

REX!!!!!

He's awesome!

I would love 3 tickets please! My lil brother and sis will scream hysteria! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Would have to be Slinky Dog. I know exactly how he feels have to drag his bottom behind him the whole time and it never catches up!

I would love a Family ticket for my two young kids. They were too young for 1 and 2 and now is a chance to have a family experience together!!:)

Advertisement